Poem about dream. You can read the best dream poems. Browse through all dream poems.
37.A Swimmer's Dream
Somno mollior unda
Dawn is dim on the dark soft water,
Soft and passionate, dark and sweet.
Love's own self was the deep sea's daughter,
Fair and flawless from face to feet,
Hailed of all when the world was golden,
Loved of lovers whose names beholden
Thrill men's eyes as with light of olden
Days more glad than their flight was fleet.
So they sang: but for men that love her,
Souls that hear not her word in vain,
Earth beside her and heaven above her
Seem but shadows that wax and wane.
Softer than sleep's are the sea's caresses,
Kinder than love's that betrays and blesses,
Blither than spring's when her flowerful tresses
Shake forth sunlight and shine with rain.
All the strength of the waves that perish
Swells beneath me and laughs and sighs,
Sighs for love of the life they cherish,
Laughs to know that it lives and dies,
Dies for joy of its life, and lives
Thrilled with joy that its brief death gives -
Death whose laugh or whose breath forgives
Change that bids it subside and rise.
Hard and heavy, remote but nearing,
Sunless hangs the severe sky's weight,
Cloud on cloud, though the wind be veering
Heaped on high to the sundawn's gate.
Dawn and even and noon are one,
Veiled with vapour and void of sun;
Nought in sight or in fancied hearing
Now less mighty than time or fate.
The grey sky gleams and the grey seas glimmer,
Pale and sweet as a dream's delight,
As a dream's where darkness and light seem dimmer,
Touched by dawn or subdued by night.
The dark wind, stern and sublime and sad,
Swings the rollers to westward, clad
With lustrous shadow that lures the swimmer,
Lures and lulls him with dreams of light.
Light, and sleep, and delight, and wonder,
Change, and rest, and a charm of cloud,
Fill the world of the skies whereunder
Heaves and quivers and pants aloud
All the world of the waters, hoary
Now, but clothed with its own live glory,
That mates the lightning and mocks the thunder
With light more living and word more proud.
Far off westward, whither sets the sounding strife,
Strife more sweet than peace, of shoreless waves whose glee
Scorns the shore and loves the wind that leaves them free,
Strange as sleep and pale as death and fair as life,
Shifts the moonlight-coloured sunshine on the sea.
Toward the sunset's goal the sunless waters crowd,
Fast as autumn days toward winter: yet it seems
Here that autumn wanes not, here that woods and streams
Lose not heart and change not likeness, chilled and bowed,
Warped and wrinkled: here the days are fair as dreams.
O russet-robed November,
What ails thee so to smile?
Chill August, pale September,
Endured a woful while,
And fell as falls an ember
From forth a flameless pile:
But golden-girt November
Bids all she looks on smile.
The lustrous foliage, waning
As wanes the morning moon,
Here falling, here refraining,
Outbraves the pride of June
With statelier semblance, feigning
No fear lest death be soon:
As though the woods thus waning
Should wax to meet the moon.
As though, when fields lie stricken
By grey December's breath,
These lordlier growths that sicken
And die for fear of death
Should feel the sense requicken
That hears what springtide saith
And thrills for love, spring-stricken
And pierced with April's breath.
The keen white-winged north-easter
That stings and spurs thy sea
Doth yet but feed and feast her
With glowing sense of glee:
Calm chained her, storm released her,
And storm's glad voice was he:
South-wester or north-easter,
Thy winds rejoice the sea.
A dream, a dream is it all - the season,
The sky, the water, the wind, the shore?
A day-born dream of divine unreason,
A marvel moulded of sleep - no more?
For the cloudlike wave that my limbs while cleaving
Feel as in slumber beneath them heaving
Soothes the sense as to slumber, leaving
Sense of nought that was known of yore.
A purer passion, a lordlier leisure,
A peace more happy than lives on land,
Fulfils with pulse of diviner pleasure
The dreaming head and the steering hand.
I lean my cheek to the cold grey pillow,
The deep soft swell of the full broad billow,
And close mine eyes for delight past measure,
And wish the wheel of the world would stand.
The wild-winged hour that we fain would capture
Falls as from heaven that its light feet clomb,
So brief, so soft, and so full the rapture
Was felt that soothed me with sense of home.
To sleep, to swim, and to dream, for ever -
Such joy the vision of man saw never;
For here too soon will a dark day sever
The sea-bird's wing from the sea-wave's foam.
A dream, and more than a dream, and dimmer
At once and brighter than dreams that flee,
The moment's joy of the seaward swimmer
Abides, remembered as truth may be.
Not all the joy and not all the glory
Must fade as leaves when the woods wax hoary;
For there the downs and the sea-banks glimmer,
And here to south of them swells the sea. read more »
The lone man gazed and gazed upon his gold,
His sweat, his blood, the wage of weary days;
But now how sweet, how doubly sweet to hold
All gay and gleamy to the campfire blaze. read more »
39.Ay, workman, make me a dream
Ay, workman, make me a dream,
A dream for my love.
Cunningly weave sunlight,
Breezes, and flowers. read more »
All people dream, but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind,
Wake in the morning to find that it was vanity. read more »
My world is a painted fresco, where coloured shapes
Of old, ineffectual lives linger blurred and warm;
An endless tapestry the past has women drapes
The halls of my life, compelling my soul to conform. read more »
I have opened the window to warm my hands on the sill
Where the sunlight soaks in the stone: the afternoon
Is full of dreams, my love, the boys are all still
In a wistful dream of Lorna Doone. read more »
43.The Shearers Dream
O I dreamt I shore in a shearing shed and it was a dream of joy
For every one of the rouseabouts was a girl dressed up as a boy
Dressed up like a page in a pantomime the prettiest ever seen
They had flaxen hair they had coal black hair and every shade between read more »
I have a dream
to fill the golden sheath
of a remembered day....
(Air read more »
I DID not deem it half so sweet
To feel thy gentle hand,
As in a dream thy soul to greet read more »
I WOKE to find my pillow wet
With the tears for deeds deep hid in sleep.
I knew no sorrow here, but yet read more »
Soldiers are citizens of death's gray land,
Drawing no dividend from time's to-morrows.
In the great hour of destiny they stand,
Each with his feuds, and jealousies, and sorrows. read more »
48.Dreams in the Dusk
Dreams in the dusk,
Only dreams closing the day
And with the day’s close going back
To the gray things, the dark things, read more »
New Dream Poems
- The Dancing Girl, Terry Dawson
- Must learn to wipe off tears, Aftab Alam
- I Dreamed., Arafat Driche
- All is dream…, none .....
- Mismatched Dream, maria sudibyo
- Dream and dream not, Bashyam Narayanan
- What I dream about:, DAVID werts
- 'Hold Onto Your Dreams', Jothi Mangaiarkkarasit
- Dream of peace Dream of Anne and Martin, sallam yassin
- dream, bruce butler
- Dream, Abdul Wahab
- A DREAM COME TRUE, Stanley Oguh
- Dreams, Rachel Branscombe
- Inspiration Dream, Emily Krauss
- Epiphany, Harley White
- ' Dream ', Ency Bearis
- A DREAM, Darwin Laurence G. Vergara
- A Dream, R.H. Olivera
- The Sweetest Dream, chris urbaez
- Dreams, satyajit pawar
- If Only Wishes Were Horses, Part 2, Comfort Ndlovu
- *Dream, Abdul Wahab
- Dream A While With Me, Sydney Bell
- In my dreams, Tess Tessier
- Dream Dream Dream, Shashikant Nishant Sharma
- I dream.., sai srujana
- All I Do, Joshua Akinwande
- Along The Promenade, Mark R Slaughter
- Seven day-dreams, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Dreams are dreams, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- My Dream, Neo tshegofatso Molefe
- DREAMS, breaze openshaw
- I Have A Dream, Lawrence CH Hiun
- An Illusion, Mark R Slaughter
- Dreaming about Sweetie gives me hope, Nyota Yasulwe
- Dare to be a Dreamer, Marlene Rashidi
- A Dream, a Dream, Matthew Petranovich
- Dream We Dream, Is It Poetry
- Artist Dreaming, Jara Son of Ahaz
- Dream a Dream, Tim David Cook
- Everybody dream I dream too.., varsha santosh vyas
- Dreams, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- one last dream of...., Corina Rose Guard
- Valentine, Philip St. Cyr
- Dream, Mark R Slaughter
- I dream..., Tsunami HiroshiSu
- Dreams of Emotions, Alex Fischer
- Dream Forever, Alex Fischer
- Mist, Mark R Slaughter
- My dear dream, anees akbar
- Everybody dreams., Twilight Whispers
- In a Dream, Akiva Roberts
- dream, Arif Furqan
- Dream, Samantha Guinen
- they say..., Cheyanne Whien
- My Lullaby (Song), Sans Serif
- If I Dreamed, Theresa Ann Moore
- Dream, Meg Lealand
- Dream A While With Me, Cathryn Martin
- Dreaming, Kira Kira Kira
- Dreams, Stewie Johnson
- The girl of my dreams, Jonathan Pendley
- cause of my dreams I can't sleep any more, nic Leisure
- dreaming a dream, vincent armone
- A dream, Monica Hinson
- I, Once, Dreamt a Dream, Danny Speicher
- Can dreams dream?, Mahfooz Ali
- Dreamz, mitchell nott
- They say dreams never do come true., Sylvi Hart
- Dreams Aplenty, Dreams Galore, Joseph Camarillo
- If only, Ashley Morris
- I Dreamt, robert ross
- In my dreams,, maxpoet beauty
- In My Dreams, Chloe Smith
- carpe diem