Death Poems - Poems For Death
Poems about death. You can read the best death poems. Browse through all death poems.
No More Suicidal Poetry! - Poem by Delilah Miller
I am mortal and I have no ties to the immortal...
But as mortal,
I breath in death
at busy sidewalks,
and speeding elevators.
So let me speak for death
because it and I are close.
I am endless in death, and death strengths in me.
So let me speak for it.
(we whisper to each other,
watching the television news)
Death swelled up its chest,
proud in its ancient hands,
and like death always says, said
'You are pretentious and empty! '
Angry, I accused death of jealousy and greed.
Death nodded to the familiar argument
(I think its knows our hearts by now) .
'I do not take anyone who does not have to die.'
stated Death, calmly.
Then it asked,
did I wanted to embrace it, kiss it?
I smiled as if it was my suitor.
'Why, at times, Death.'
The coffee spoon swirled around the cup,
once, then twice.
I reminded him 'At times'
(death is around less and less lately) .
Death smiled with victorious teeth,
'Then you are pretentious, thinking I am punishment.
Your brain functions for you to live!
And yet, it punishes you, saying I'd be better.
I don't come until I am called.'
My smile shattered; he was right!
I'm not going to relate it all,
because it was lengthy hours
death and I spent murmuring over coffee.
We laughed at suicidal poems
because humans don't know how live.
But I will tell you one thing.
Death set his forehead against mine
and spoke into my eyes.
It didn't blink as it explained
'I was molded in a blue, gold, red abyss.
And creation told me my purpose.
I am here so humans live, live deeply.
But you don't!
You paint me black, waiting for me.
Or I am covered in green grass.'
Then it promised to come someday
only when it could no longer live without me.
Only a nod could I manage,
remembering loved ones it had romanced.
But it grinned and looked away
and I knew it didn't want me
as much as I had wanted it once.
Comments about No More Suicidal Poetry! by Delilah Miller
Poems About Death
- 301. No More Suicidal Poetry! , Delilah Miller
- 302. Death , Gabrielle L. Tastet
- 303. Death! ! , Innocent Angel
- 304. Killer Compilation Of Death , Robbie Squires
- 305. Death , Savannah SmithStinson
- 306. Death Wish! , Shueyb Boyer
- 307. His Story Reincarnate , Artistry The Sound
- 308. My Time Of Death , spiritual seeker
- 309. Death Be Not Proud , James Donovan
- 310. Breath Of Death , Brad Lomeli
- 311. Death , Jamie Wright
- 312. Finding Life In Death , Benjamin Feliciano
- 313. Oreo You Will Be Missed , Silent Death
- 314. Oh Death , ishmeal balfour
- 315. Elegy On Jigar Moradabadi , Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi'
- 316. Death , sarangee son
- 317. From Professor Rabiu Diary , Adeosun Olamide
- 318. Death My Greatest Curse , Henry Isiekwe
- 319. Death , ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- 320. Death... , Chase Wallace
- 321. Death , Praveen Kumar In Celestial G ..
- 322. O Death , kaitlin skelding
- 323. I Love You To Death... , Ms. Anika Martinez
- 324. Poems , Steve Trimmer
- 325. The Death Of Night , Ndrek Gjini
- 326. Death Be Not Proud , Adidu Adebowale Emmanuel
- 327. Do Not Dare Be Afraid Of Death , Anele Komana
- 328. Death: Lady Death , Ofentse Mercy Hajane
- 329. Why Fear Death? , Robert Kraft
- 330. What Is Death , Salim R Javed
- 331. ' Death Alone , Efe Benjamin
- 332. Code Of Hammurabi #1-30 , Terrance Chess
- 333. Aphorisms From Wisdom Collection: The Bo.. , Sorin Cerin
- 334. Event Of My Death , templar thomas
- 335. Aphorisms From Wisdom Collection: The No.. , Sorin Cerin
- 336. Aphorisms From Wisdom Collection: The Bo.. , Sorin Cerin
- 337. 185. Death Is Death, Dissolution Of All , Praveen Kumar In Shobha Priya
- 338. My Life Poem , josh vestweber
- 339. Slit The Wrist And Let It Flow. , Ariel Morris
- 340. Scared To Death , Melissa Ramey
- 341. Elegy On Jigar Moradabadi , aziz ahmad
- 342. Having A Little Fun In Life Is Like Goin.. , josh vestweber
- 343. Festus - V , Philip James Bailey
- 344. My Name Is Qalme-Tari , Natasha Caroline Norville
- 345. Death Is Peaceful , Miranda Judd
- 346. He Embraced Death , Caleb Jones
- 347. Die Young, As Late As Possible , Sakhile Junior Mndzebele
- 348. My Name Is Qalme-Tari , Athena Goddess of Wisdom Lum ..
- 349. Elegy Written In A Country Churchyard , arathy ranganath
- 350. The Last Days Of Herculaneum. , Edwin Atherstone
New Death Poems
- Death, Death, Death, gajanan mishra
- Life And Death, Bhagyashree Naik
- Death Will Always Be In Season, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Death, Tyanna Willie
- When We Pass Away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- Sweet Death, Jason Jinsung Lee
- The Legend Of Snake Hollow (A Halloween .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Fear Life And Not Death, gajanan mishra
- carpe diem