Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay. read more »
I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead- . He is just away!
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand read more »
Under the wide and starry sky
Dig the grave and let me lie.
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will. read more »
28.Death Stands Above Me, Whispering Low
29.Elegy For Jane
<i>(My student, thrown by a horse)</i>
I remember the neckcurls, limp and damp as tendrils;
And her quick look, a sidelong pickerel smile; read more »
To the living, I am gone.
To the sorrowful, I will never return.
To the angry, I was cheated, read more »
Body my house
my horse my hound
what will I do
when you are fallen read more »
32.Epitaph on William Muir
AN HONEST man here lies at rest
As e'er God with his image blest;
The friend of man, the friend of truth, read more »
33.A Refusal to Mourn the Death, by Fire, of a Child in London
Never until the mankind making
Bird beast and flower
Fathering and all humbling darkness
Tells with silence the last light breaking read more »
34.The Old Familiar Faces
I HAVE had playmates, I have had companions,
In my days of childhood, in my joyful school-days--
All, all are gone, the old familiar faces. read more »
35.Kaddish, Part I
Strange now to think of you, gone without corsets & eyes, while I walk on
the sunny pavement of Greenwich Village.
downtown Manhattan, clear winter noon, and I've been up all night, talking,
talking, reading the Kaddish aloud, listening to Ray Charles blues read more »
Then Almitra spoke, saying, 'We would ask now of Death.'
And he said:
You would know the secret of death. read more »
New Death Poems
- Who can escape death., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Salvation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Without remorse, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death death death, gajanan mishra
- From Professor Rabiu Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- Nothing Sobers Like Death For Itzhak (It.., Shalom Freedman
- The Ogoni Eight, Tony Adah
- Death, Tyanna Willie
- Unborn Death, John Ugolo Umah
- What Is Death, Salim R Javed
- Death My Greatest Curse, Henry Isiekwe
- Death To The Eyes, Katherine Perry
- Ebola and The American Health Care System, Is It Poetry
- Full stop, gajanan mishra
- My Duchess Plea, Adeosun Olamide
- Life Or Death Writers, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- A friend's death., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death and Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Love and Death, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- WHEN WE PASS AWAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lasting Death, Samuel Eyitayo
- bury me near the mosque of my creator., Nikhil Parekh
- Death, Noble Moyo
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- Should We Taste Death..., John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- The visitor, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Deathtrap, Martha Zweig
- Thought For The Day., Stuart Miers
- death, tsholofelo phakathi
- Death is so terribly final, Lila Holmes
- Die not, gajanan mishra
- Death O Death, Samuel Eyitayo
- Death - The Gift Of Life, Manauwer Raza
- Sweet Death, Jason Jinsung Lee
- DEATH, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Death, Molly O'Shaunessy
- Predation Prey Hunter Hunger Games, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Strategy Mimic Death Ambush, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Apparent Death Deceives Predator, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Smirk when it ends, Leylek D. Sovura
- Death Is Not Changing Anything, gajanan mishra
- Death, Sashanie Vazquez
- Love Is Death, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Death, md. faruk
- Death Is No End, Dr. Madan Gandhi
- Why Death, Bello Hamisu Ida
- The Food of Death, Samuel Eyitayo
- Death, Raven Pilipczuk
- Who is fond of death, gajanan mishra
- The Death Clock, Azalea Bluewell
- Demise (A Long Way Near), Adeosun Olamide
- One Click To Death, JOBY JOHN
- Death, Aniruddha Pathak
- Death is sure and imminent, gajanan mishra
- Death is born, gajanan mishra
- My Name Is Qalme-Tari, Natasha Caroline Norville
- Dirge For Mandela, olumide emmanuel
- Hide and Seek, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Death is life, Aniruddha Pathak
- Death When Challenged Life, Aniruddha Pathak
- The Legend of Snake Hollow (a halloween .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Life Goes On, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Celebrating Death, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Before Death, Taca Dawkins
- ' Death Alone, Efe Benjamin
- Prepare For Death, Joseph T. Renaldi
- DEATH is peaceful, Miranda Judd
- Death! death!, gajanan mishra
- Death is White Saree, gajanan mishra
- Do Not Dare Be Afraid Of Death, Anele Komana
- Death, Christian Guild
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem