13.For the Union Dead
The old South Boston Aquarium stands
in a Sahara of snow now. Its broken windows are boarded.
The bronze weathervane cod has lost half its scales.
The airy tanks are dry. read more »
14.When I am dead, my dearest
When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree: read more »
15.Death is Nothing at All
Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, read more »
16.A Happy Man
When these graven lines you see,
Traveller, do not pity me;
Though I be among the dead,
Let no mournful word be said. read more »
LIFE, believe, is not a dream
So dark as sages say;
Oft a little morning rain read more »
18.On Another's Sorrow
Can I see another's woe,
And not be in sorrow too?
Can I see another's grief, read more »
19.Fear No More
Fear no more the heat o' the sun;
Nor the furious winter's rages,
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages; read more »
20.To The Dead
What I hope (when I hope) is that we'll
see each other again,--
. . . and again reach the VEIN read more »
21.Fugue of Death
Black milk of daybreak we drink it at nightfall
we drink it at noon in the morning we drink it at night
we drink it and drink it
we are digging a grave in the sky it is ample to lie there read more »
22.To an Athlete Dying Young
The time you won your town the race
We chaired you through the market-place;
Man and boy stood cheering by,
And home we brought you shoulder-high. read more »
23.A Parable of Immortality
I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean. read more »
Farewell to thee! but not farewell
To all my fondest thoughts of thee:
Within my heart they still shall dwell;
And they shall cheer and comfort me. read more »
New Death Poems
- Who can escape death., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Salvation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Without remorse, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death death death, gajanan mishra
- From Professor Rabiu Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- Nothing Sobers Like Death For Itzhak (It.., Shalom Freedman
- The Ogoni Eight, Tony Adah
- Death, Tyanna Willie
- Unborn Death, John Ugolo Umah
- What Is Death, Salim R Javed
- Death My Greatest Curse, Henry Isiekwe
- Death To The Eyes, Katherine Perry
- Ebola and The American Health Care System, Is It Poetry
- Full stop, gajanan mishra
- My Duchess Plea, Adeosun Olamide
- Life Or Death Writers, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- A friend's death., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death and Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Love and Death, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- WHEN WE PASS AWAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lasting Death, Samuel Eyitayo
- bury me near the mosque of my creator., Nikhil Parekh
- Death, Noble Moyo
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- Should We Taste Death..., John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- The visitor, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Deathtrap, Martha Zweig
- Thought For The Day., Stuart Miers
- death, tsholofelo phakathi
- Death is so terribly final, Lila Holmes
- Die not, gajanan mishra
- Death O Death, Samuel Eyitayo
- Death - The Gift Of Life, Manauwer Raza
- Sweet Death, Jason Jinsung Lee
- DEATH, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Death, Molly O'Shaunessy
- Predation Prey Hunter Hunger Games, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Strategy Mimic Death Ambush, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Apparent Death Deceives Predator, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Smirk when it ends, Leylek D. Sovura
- Death Is Not Changing Anything, gajanan mishra
- Death, Sashanie Vazquez
- Love Is Death, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Death, md. faruk
- Death Is No End, Dr. Madan Gandhi
- Why Death, Bello Hamisu Ida
- The Food of Death, Samuel Eyitayo
- Death, Raven Pilipczuk
- Who is fond of death, gajanan mishra
- The Death Clock, Azalea Bluewell
- Demise (A Long Way Near), Adeosun Olamide
- One Click To Death, JOBY JOHN
- Death, Aniruddha Pathak
- Death is sure and imminent, gajanan mishra
- Death is born, gajanan mishra
- My Name Is Qalme-Tari, Natasha Caroline Norville
- Dirge For Mandela, olumide emmanuel
- Hide and Seek, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Death is life, Aniruddha Pathak
- Death When Challenged Life, Aniruddha Pathak
- The Legend of Snake Hollow (a halloween .., Udiah (witness to Yah)
- Life Goes On, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Celebrating Death, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Before Death, Taca Dawkins
- ' Death Alone, Efe Benjamin
- Prepare For Death, Joseph T. Renaldi
- DEATH is peaceful, Miranda Judd
- Death! death!, gajanan mishra
- Death is White Saree, gajanan mishra
- Do Not Dare Be Afraid Of Death, Anele Komana
- Death, Christian Guild
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem