Dance Poems - Poems For Dance
Poems about dance. You can read the best dance poems. Browse through all dance poems.
Why She Picked Him - Poem by Jan Freundschuh
When she was 16 she met him.
His gaze in her eyes felt sweet,
And there was a masculine determination she sensed.
She picked him because he dared to approach her.
If the Karmic Dance whirled him away.....
She'd have to wait.
At 19 she met someone;
He had laughing eyes and joking words.
She picked him because
He seemed one step ahead of every one.
Let's say....the Karmic Dance whirled him away.
At 23 she met a sensible young man
Who concentrated on his career.
She picked him because he brought order to her life.
But if the Karmic Dance should whirl him away......
By death or leave-taking.....
At 28 she met a confident man
Who'd traveled alot but thought now to settle down.
She picked him because he knew much of the world.
If that old Karmic Dance started up again....
At 34 she met a divorced dad, with a child and a dog.
She picked him because she saw tenderness in action,
Married him....had a son....
Yet the Dance was not done.
At 39 she met a bear of a man
Who embraced her and wanted to help.
She picked him for his warmth, like a fire in the hearth,
When the music started up she only sighed.
At 44 she met a nice man.
He made her laugh, and laughter was good.
She picked him for his amusing comments.
She felt light-heartedness might be the charm.
But if Karma disagreed.....
At 57 she met a man
Who played Bridge as well as did she.
She picked him for their mutual pastime and talent...
When the Dance whirled away her partner....
She met a man in her mid sixties,
He liked to walk in the sunshine
So she moved with him to St. Augustine.
She picked him because he liked the outdoors.
But the Dance......once more......
At 70 she met a gentleman,
Who'd read many of the books she'd loved.
She picked him because he was interested
In what she was reading that day.
What's the point of this life-story?
That we don't know what we need?
...........That it all depends on the time of life?
.....That unseen glue holds us close?
That Karma is the reason for the season?
You tell me.
I don't know.
Comments about Why She Picked Him by Jan Freundschuh
Poems About Dance
- 1. Why She Picked Him , Jan Freundschuh
- 2. 189. Cosmic Dance , Praveen Kumar In Shobha Priya
- 3. Songs From A Masque , Margaret Widdemer
- 4. Waggledance , Stefan nnn
- 5. My Life , lena clift
- 6. It's Time Again , Zach Casaus
- 7. No One But You...! , Rowving Smith
- 8. The Dance , Amanda Lawson
- 9. He Is Cruel , Guu U32
- 10. Dance Of The Ghosts , Mari Martin
- 11. Pledged To Each Night Your Days , Prem Narayan Nath
- 12. Wrongfully Right Anger , Vanessa Kingsley
- 13. Gorgeous, Grand, Gore , Tiffani Williams
- 14. When I Was! , Adrienne Clark Strachn
- 15. Get High And Write These , Hannah Greer
- 16. Shall We Dance? , D. Harris
- 17. I Sing My Sorrows , Anurag Tiwari
- 18. I'Ll Dance Alone , Jinge Norvall
- 19. Dancers 1 , Scarred Unknown
- 20. The City Of Wind , Kato Sama
- 21. Dance , Emma Vander Dussen
- 22. Four Winds Blow , John DeBona
- 23. The Year Of The Rat , Allison Hedge Coke
- 24. Friend Will Return , BONGOKOBIDA ZAKARIA
- 25. Dance , Alexander Downie
- 26. Dance , Breanna Always Forgotten
- 27. Yes John I Can Dance , Kevin Patrick
- 28. Life's Dance , sonya simmons
- 29. The Dance Is Over , Steven Harris
- 30. Night Party , Divine Idiong
- 31. Ermitage, Dance , Joseph S. Josephides
- 32. Come Dance With Me , norman hale
- 33. 3: 25 Am , Brevet Wilson
- 34. Twin Serpent Song , Nate Peligeiro
- 35. Afterdance , Fernando Ayala
- 36. Dance In Awe , Kristinahh KIMBER
- 37. I Dance In The Dark , Asad Ali
- 38. The Last Dance , abednigo mogale
- 39. Dreams And Shadows , Jerome Brooke
- 40. Refuse To Dance , Maneshree Govender
New Dance Poems
- When The Family Of Star Bucks Dance., Raymond Sawyer
- Tribute To Dance On World Dance Day -Dan.., Umasree Raghunath
- To Dance Under The Stars Is To Dance Wit.., Raymond Sawyer
- Shall We Dance?, kolawole ogunfowokan
- Dance, SALINI NAIR
- Come On Let's Dance!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Dance - Part 2, Nikhil Parekh
- The Red Shoes, Cheyenn Bartlett
- Dancing Flower, Jasmin Alice Read
- Lyrics J Timberlake, Lilyann Monahan
- carpe diem