Courage Poems - Poems For Courage
Poems about courage. You can read the best courage poems. Browse through all courage poems.
Why are the woods so alluring? A forest appears
to a young girl one morning as she combs
the dreams out of her hair. The trees rustle
and whisper, shimmer and hiss. The forest
opens and closes, a door loose on its hinges,
banging in a strong wind. Everything in the dim
kitchen: the basin, the jug, the skillet, the churn,
snickers scornfully. In this way a maiden
is driven toward the dangers of a forest,
but the forest is our subject, not this young girl.
She's glad to lie down with trees towering all around.
A certain euphoria sets in. She feels molecular,
bedeviled, senses someone gently pulling her hair,
tingles with kisses she won't receive for years.
Three felled trees, a sort of chorus, narrate
her thoughts, or rather channel theirs through her,
or rather subject her to their peculiar verbal
restlessness ... our deepening need for non-being intones
the largest and most decayed tree, mid-sentence.
I'm not one of you squeaks the shattered sapling,
blackened by lightning. Their words become metallic
spangles shivering the air. Will I forget the way home?
the third blurts. Why do I feel like I'm hiding in a giant's nostril?
the oldest prone pine wants to know. Are we being freed
from matter? the sapling asks. Insects are well-intentioned,
offers the third tree, by way of consolation. Will it grow
impossible to think a thought through to its end? gasps the sapling,
adding in a panicky voice, I'm becoming spongy! The girl
feels her hands attach to some distant body. She rises
to leave, relieved these trees are not talking about her. read more »
Here at Woodlands, Moriah,
these thirty-five years later,
still I could smell her fear. read more »
The moon's on the lake, and the mist's on the brae,
And the Clan has a name that is nameless by day;
Then gather, gather, gather Grigalach!
Gather, gather, gather Grigalach! read more »
Courage is what makes us
Courage is what divides us
Courage is what drives us
Courage is what stops us read more »
41.WOMEN OF COURAGE
Women of courage, women of strength ,
Women of faith and devotion.
Mothers of children with spirits so strong
Who may have unbridled imaginations. REFRAIN: They are women, women of courage read more »
42.The God Abandons Anthony
When suddenly, at midnight, you hear
an invisible procession going by
with exquisite music, voices,
don't mourn your luck that's failing now, read more »
Where do I get the courage?
Where do I get the courage to go on living again?
To come out of my shell?
To pray again? read more »
44.To Lucasta on Going to the War - For the Fourth Time
It doesn’t matter what’s the cause,
What wrong they say we’re righting,
A curse for treaties, bonds and laws,
When we’re to do the fighting! read more »
Forth flashed the serpent streak of steel,
Consummate crown of man's device;
Down crashed upon an immobile
And brainless barrier of ice. read more »
46.Conversation with an American Writer
'You have courage, ' they tell me.
It's not true. I was never courageous.
I simply felt it unbecoming
to stoop to the cowardice of my colleagues. read more »
47.Though that Men do Call it Dotage
1 Though that men do call it dotage,
2 Who loveth not wanteth courage;
3 And whosoever may love get, read more »
48.Lack of Courage
Most days I feel
Like I am
Losing so much time
Sitting read more »
New Courage Poems
- Courage To Cut All Strings, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Courage In Old Age Is Difficult, Shalom Freedman
- It Takes Courage, Anonymous
- It Takes Courage, Anonymous
- Courage, Anonymous
- Courage, Sri Chinmoy Ghose
- Illustrating Need For Self Breast Cancer.., Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Courage, Perveiz Ali
- True Courage Crisis Manifested, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Courage Is Hope's Last Friend, Shalom Freedman
- Courage! ! ? ?, Arafat Driche
- Courage, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A thing called courage, Matt Ancient
- Courage, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Speak we, pendulum here and there., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Strike While The Iron's Hot Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- JIM POWELL - THE MAN OF COURAGE, Jim Powell
- Muster the courage to live, Sebastian Soberania
- Her, matthew jeter
- Courage., Cecil Lees
- Courage, ajay srivastava
- COURAGE IS NEEDED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Courage, Rosi Caswell
- COURAGE, Tom Krause
- Armor Of Courage, Tina Chan
- prosperity, keemusabi tzu
- When My Soul Was Sad, Shalom Freedman
- It Takes Courage, mehida jean louis
- Strong Courage, Bailey Deziel
- Courage, Stephanie Arroyo
- What Gives You Courage, Alisha Ricks
- 20 Seconds of courage, Joe Johnson
- Courage, Sylvia Chidi
- Courage To Do Everything, Mohammed Zuhair
- When Courage Fails, Maria Rose Dominic
- Defying Gravity, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Courage, Gladys Brown Prince
- In Courage, Dorsey Baker
- Courage, Lonely Child
- A Soldier's War of Courage, Gail Doyle
- Courage, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I saw young men keeping courage in the g.., Gert Strydom
- Who Hath The Courage?, Benjamin Cutler Clark
- Life is a Courage, Suruchi Puri
- * 3 3 If I had the Courage to -, Noorie Ali
- courage, RIC S. BASTASA
- What's Courage, nick chaos
- Have Courage, C Richard Miles
- A NECESSITY OF COURAGE FOR ALL!, Ramesh T A
- ***Courage***, aira olayvar
- Courageous courage, sharnae green
- The Blind Side, Alfred Ramos
- Coffee Courage, Mark R Slaughter
- With You I Will Never Be Alone, Lucy Vernezze
- Faith and courage, Lilit Movsisyan
- Courage, Corey Fauchon
- The Courage To Sing Love Again!, Evevona Plummer
- Courage, Hanson Chen
- Take Courage and Never Give Up,, Abdul Karim
- Courage, Daniel Vango
- courage, marie fairy AJM
- A LITTLE COURAGE...IS ALL IT TAKES, Kuji soliman
- Courage, Maria Luisa Taylor
- Bring me back my courage, Anwar Jamali
- True Aussie Heroes And Heroines, Francis Duggan
- COURAGE, dr. ram sharma
- For You.., craig norris
- to still have the courage, RIC S. BASTASA
- On Courage, Mignon Isaacs Bryant
- TAKE THE COURAGE, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- Anyone's Courage, Julio Hernandez
- Open Hearts Break Easily, Ralph Acosta
- What's Courage?, Eliseo Rivera
- carpe diem