Poem about couplet. You can read the best couplet poems. Browse through all couplet poems.
Venus’ revenge hath begot,
vile designed abhorrent plot.
Phoebus oggles Leucothoe’s cleave.
In mother’s garb his bosoms heave.
She affrights and then beholds,
as the god’s intention unfolds.
While pining whining clytie writhes.
Scatters to wind, unfolding myths.
Fathers love, couldnt anger shun.
Interred her breathing, under the sun.
Phoebus held by godly restraint,
as the banshees, evil paint.
Upon her, limp! He, nectar pours.
And, her, to a frankincense bush, restores!
Clytie unquenched, forlorn sits.
Watches the chariot and fades to bits.
Nine days gaze and endless search,
turned blue tinged violet, under a birch.
**Dedicated to my poet friend Rehana Nazli’s.. poem.
”Jealousy and Greed”
central idea - adapted from
The Sun-god and Leucothoe
Publius Ovidius Naso
(20 March 43 BC – AD 17 or 18) , known as Ovid in the English-speaking world, was a Roman poet who wrote about love, seduction, and mythological transformation.
He is considered a master of the elegiac couplet
….hence the couplets here! read more »
38.My Tears are Ink
My tears are ink for the lines I write
about this friend I miss this night
a soul to which my spirit rhymed
couplets were we, perfectly timed. read more »
39.THE LOVELIEST POEM I EVER WROTE
The loveliest poem I ever wrote
was with almost a dozen couplets
my fingers sang, when they met yours -
the glimmer in your eyes said it all. read more »
40.'Black Bart, Po8'
Welcome, good friend; as you have served your term,
And found the joy of crime to be a fiction,
I hope you'll hold your present faith, stand firm
And not again be open to conviction. read more »
41.Blowing Soft Kisses (couplets)
Pragmatism overtakes family tradition
Quietly, I meditate past and dear memories
Smokey Gray, along with his cousin, Charles, and I read more »
When Alexander Pope strolled in the city
Strict was the glint of pearl and ''old sedans.
Ladies leaned out more out of fear than pity read more »
Nature’s seams of seasons en plein air sur terre
orbit of harmony en plain air sur terre
Primavera, our eyes rise for your coming read more »
44.Silken Weaves for Satyanarain MVS
In Miltonic gait he walks,
like Alexander Pope
in couplets talks,
in free verse read more »
45.Love's Logic [Couplet Sonnet]
The more ways I find to express my love,
The more I love you, and the better for love,
And more: What more than seek such ways to it;
Expressing love (and therefore to do it) . read more »
Actually, stamping our feet
should have only awakened her,
but surprisingly, her motionless, senseless body made us run around
look for water, seniors and women read more »
47.A Poet, I am Not
Friend: A poet, I am not.
Those who are,
Care naught for the oppressed, read more »
48.Brethrens: Moon, Sun, distant Constellations (couplets)
Brethrens: Moon, Sun, distant Constellations
Powerful divine universal life forces
In true wonder and thanksgiving I hail read more »
New Couplet Poems
- Matching an Antithetical Couplet and Rec.., Luo Zhihai
- A Sighing Sonnet, Cherylyn Vardi
- A Match, Sadiqullah Khan
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
- We Both Know, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Tomato Omlette, Dorothy Sinha
- If I See The Sun Again, cp Aboobacker
- Without You, Muhammad Shanazar
- Modesty blasé, Aniruddha Pathak
- The Secret Of Thy Smile, Aniruddha Pathak
- Hearken to your heart’s silent hint, Aniruddha Pathak
- Fête De L'internet 1998 With Khemi, Jonathan ROBIN
- Cascading Thoughts, Lento Maez
- Who’s Stupid?, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- TWO THINGS ARE BETTER, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Craft and Wisemen versus Kraft und Eisen, Jonathan ROBIN
- Alankar (Decor) - 161, Indira Renganathan
- My Tears are Ink, Joey Jones
- Alankar(Decor) -141, Indira Renganathan
- The Brownings, Ima Ryma
- THE WILD JASMINE, R.K Das
- Quintuplet, Saiom Shriver
- Oneness, Syed Peerzada Aurangzeb
- Fourteen beautiful birds on wings, Aniruddha Pathak
- A Muted Tune, Patti Masterman
- Alankar(Decor) - 91, Indira Renganathan
- On the Road to Chorrera, Arlo Bates
- Alankar(Decor) -59, Indira Renganathan
- Learning Urdu, Agha Shahid Ali
- my blood, my poem, Abdul Wahab
- Poetry, Deci Hernandez
- What Do They Know?, Daniel Northcutt
- Alankar (Decor) -21, Indira Renganathan
- Alankar (Decor) -20, Indira Renganathan
- A Small Wish, Saima Afreen
- Mirza Ghalib in Old Age, Arvind Krishna Mehrotra
- Poems, Amanda Lobsiger
- ~ Love ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- Shaero-shayari-5, Tribhawan Kaul
- Alankar (Decor) -8, Indira Renganathan
- Shaero-shayri-2, Tribhawan Kaul
- Alankar (Decor) -7, Indira Renganathan
- Poem, Marvin Brato Sr
- Fusion, R.K Das
- Three Make a Crowd, R.K Das
- White Nights XIII Life and Death, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Meal, Naveed Akram
- Billy Collins, Gerald Hanners
- A Heroic Couplet (Iambic Pentameter), Philip Doolittle
- Green Couplets 02 Touchy Composition, Ashraful Musaddeq
- Green Couplets 01 Lucid Cute Verse, Ashraful Musaddeq
- forget me not, omar ibrahim
- The Breeze Of You, Ronald Peat
- I am on diet, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- A Lark, Karnail Singh Heirwale
- love will grow, gershon hepner
- Reflection, Nooruddeen Mathilakathveetil
- Tender Moments, Sonal Chhaya
- font color=darkvioletLucky (school assig.., Jane Meyer
- font color=darkvioletCheese (school assi.., Jane Meyer
- Tribute To My Friends, elysabeth faslund
- To Transmit The Culture Fire, Charles WOO
- Rainbow, Kay Bressner
- 'Arbeit Macht Frei', nimal dunuhinga
- Groundhog Day, Nancy Chambers
- Silken Weaves for Satyanarain MVS, C. P. Sharma
- Sonnet, MBJ Pancras
- ..raven black, wardha jawdat
- Parody, Jonathan ROBIN
- 'The Sacraments', Antonis J. Kazantzoglou
- School Daze, Frances Macaulay Forde
- School Daze, The Orsha Group
- Alankar(Decor) -87, Indira Renganathan
- From the French, Laurence Overmire
- carpe diem