Concrete Poems - Poems For Concrete
Poems about concrete. You can read the best concrete poems. Browse through all concrete poems.
I'M A Freight Train Homeward Bound For A While With You - Poem by Mark Heathcote
Senior ushers and second time around brides
Turn into stationary, concrete breezeblocks
Whenever a priest a righteous man arrives —
Too oversee the hem of their dirty white lily frocks.
Its then they, tread water sinking in heavy snow
Fearless their eyes darken as pack-ice, as pitch.
Two glinting wrongs too right; like a flightless crow,
Their black hearts, bleeding exposed to over flow.
It's then they, and the groom, who…
Initially, didn't internally want to show.
But then did, showed-up anyhow,
Frightened to be alone, shiver to his, marrow bone.
All because he felt somehow, duty bound.
He believed in his future wife and the good lord
And said I do… and now, I feel so filled with pride
I'm a freight train homeward bound for a while.
Whistling I'm on my way, evil luck —
Might just be a stone's throw away,
But now that doubt has flown, like hand of muck
I'll forget I once had plans for the priesthood - anyway…
So the devil couldn't break that evil love struck spell.
Silence, silence wept like a quiet provocateur!
And in my misguided mind I tried to kick him back to hell…
All his promising lingering kisses now go unmeasured.
Abruptly, my faith stopped only for one good measure
Just as diamonds are cut to distinguish a floored carrot…
His light is now spliced frozen cold and imprisoned.
His light is now spliced cold and imprisoned into just one soul.
Oh all the senior ushers and second time around brides
Turned into concrete embezzled breezeblocks
Whenever a priest a righteous man arrives
To oversee the hem of their dirty white lily frocks
Its then I with my first time around bride kick blood soaked snow
Fearless with eyes sparkling with king's ransom in gold rich
Two glinting wrongs to right; like a flightless crow
We fix our wings and jettisoned every sin that the devil had in stowed.
And said I do… too you and now, I feel so filled with pride
I'm a freight train homeward bound sinless for a while with you.
Comments about I'M A Freight Train Homeward Bound For A While With You by Mark Heathcote
Poems About Concrete
- 1. I'M A Freight Train Homeward Bound For A.. , Mark Heathcote
- 2. Uncontrite Insight - Tight Flight Write .. , Jonathan ROBIN
- 3. In My House Of Pain , vincent armone
- 4. Regrets , RIC S. BASTASA
- 5. On 9/11 A Third Skyscraper Plunged To Ea.. , Is It Poetry
- 6. Concrete , vincent armone
- 7. Intellectualizing Life , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 8. Picture Poem #99 (From, This Is My Waste.. , Peter S. Quinn
- 9. Picture Poem #163 (From, This Is My Wast.. , Peter S. Quinn
- 10. No Wastage , gershon hepner
- 11. Darker Places , Naveed Akram
- 12. Thief’s Soul , Naveed Akram
- 13. Sat There, Rude... , delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- 14. Much Like The Use Of Cement Is Mixed , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 15. My Child , Naveed Akram
- 16. Kahlo-Christ Conjunctions - Sacrificed F.. , Warren Falcon
- 17. Eating A Disaster , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 18. Concrete Woman , Aldo Kraas
- 19. Concrete Women , Aldo Kraas
- 20. Childhood Memories- Childhood Play , Mary Mc Creath
- 21. Hard Words From An Open Page... , PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- 22. Places I Might Hope To Find Myself Naked , hollie ash
- 23. White Trash Landscape , Eric Paul Shaffer
- 24. White-Washed Walls , Michael Matsuda
- 25. Early Jazz-Mural , Alex Roth
- 26. China , Phillip Alan Green
- 27. Trafficking Life , Kevin Moore
- 28. Anxiety , Juan Alvarado
- 29. Bono On My Wall , Annabel Cruz
- 30. 43rd Street , Brian Murphy
- 31. [as I Turn To Stone] , Empath In flames
- 32. A Park Amidst Highrise , Tribhawan Kaul
- 33. The Lost Nature , Noel Tupan
- 34. A Simple Playground , Jett Mowle
- 35. A River Runs Through It , Steve Gregory
- 36. The Changing Face Of Bangalore (A Bustli.. , K.S.Subramanian Subramanian
- 37. The Scullery Maid,1910. [ Stirling Castl.. , Sally Evans
- 38. Behind 4 Wallz , troublesome thug
- 39. Waters Rage , Kelsey Decker
- 40. The River , Gul Pacha Ulfat
- 41. The Rose That Grew From Concrete , Jose Chavez
- 42. Unshackled , Kevin Moore
- 43. The Girl You Ruined , Anamika Jalan
- 44. Words Of Concrete , laiba shams
- 45. In The Shade Of Suicide , Erin Thomas
- 46. Concrete Forest , Gregory (gshaw57) Upshaw
- 47. If I Were A Bubble I Would Be Everlasting , destiney baker
- 48. Within This Space , Bill Mitton
- 49. Sore Muscles , Claude H Oliver II
- 50. A Man Called Maze , James Tipp
New Concrete Poems
- Dirty Angels, george fillingham
- Extinction Is Forever, Joseph DeMarco
- I'M So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- Coeur D'Alene, Lucas Pate
- Among The Pretty Pebbles, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- The River, Gul Pacha Ulfat
- The Corner Meet On Love Street, Shirene L smith
- Wishing Lightning To Strike [3rd Revision], Margaret Alice Second
- Team Commonwealth, United We Stand, Emily Liang
- carpe diem