City Poems - Poems For City
Poems about city. You can read the best city poems. Browse through all city poems.
Curfew In The City - Poem by Jagannath Prasad Das
With nostalgia in my heart
and longing in my eyes,
I dream of my city.
I cross the river of my innocence
and take the road to my childhood;
I stop at the crossroads of growing up
and make my way
to the city of my happy memories.
Addresses written in familiar hands
show me the way;
fragments of memories
lead me on.
And, there, suddenly before me,
Is the city of my dreams.
But everything seems strange
in this city I knew so well.
Everything is in ruins:
the roads deserted,
the houses desolate and forlorn.
There is no warmth
in the jostling posters;
no invitation in the peeling walls.
I come face to face
with the harsh ironies
lying in wait for me.
Unwanted sights crowd me:
friendly knocks rebuffed
on the neighbour's door;
thirst returning from the dry tap;
childhood crying on its way
to an orphaned future;
modesty hiding her tears in shame;
between flying bullets;
amity falling into pieces
from broken domes.
The day retreats in disgrace,
night comes weeping
in the completeness of its shame.
Bewildered, I look at faith
Stuck on the knife's edge,
dharma blasted in explosions,
conscience drowned in blood,
and justice consumed by arson.
I have a dream before my eyes;
there is a city in my dreams,
and there is
a curfew in the city.
Comments about Curfew In The City by Jagannath Prasad Das
Poems About City
- 1. Curfew In The City , Jagannath Prasad Das
- 2. A False Step , Buland Al-Haidari
- 3. Rhapsody While Walking Home , Colin Coplin
- 4. Welcome Worn Out , Lamar Ingraham, Sr.
- 5. Slumber Coins , Gabriel Sumon
- 6. Think City , Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- 7. Owerri; My City. , Freewill Amon
- 8. A Grandview , Edmund Davis Quinn
- 9. Letters Written In 3 Days , Indra Setiawan
- 10. Dreaming City , irenio irenaeus bero
- 11. City Gate , Lazarus Knix
- 12. I Went To Your City , JayAr Bugayong
- 13. Golden Dream , Radu Luca
- 14. Adieu , Katherine Lyczek
- 15. Rourkela , Tushar DasPattanayak
- 16. Away From The City , PRADIP DASGUPTA
- 17. Another Blindsong , tanvir ratul
- 18. This City! , Chris Haifley
- 19. The Fernandina Beach Shrimp Festival 2010 , chris bowen
- 20. Animal , Emmanuel Stone
- 21. Beautiful, Beautiful Midnight City , Alex Duchovny
- 22. Shine , Shona Cunnane
- 23. Sent To Du Fu Below Shaqiu City , Li Bai
- 24. Pink City , Shreya Jani
- 25. Inside Zomba White City Of Memories , Paul Mwenelupembe
- 26. Juba , Quir Diing Jr.
- 27. Essays On Literature , alexander opicho
- 28. Kolkata , Asit Kumar Sanyal
- 29. They Painted The City Blue , Danielle Mari Nidea
- 30. The City, The Solitude, The Soul , feroz rather
- 31. Kathmandu , Pushpa Ratna Tuladhar
- 32. Short Story: Part 1 , Audrey Bautz
- 33. The Story Of Ali RıZa And Ahmet , Orhan Veli Kanik
- 34. Israel In Egypt. Book Twenty-Fourth. , Edwin Atherstone
- 35. In The City! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :) , mackenzie ross
- 36. Every City , thomesha robinson
- 37. A Brief Interlude , Harlequin Rose
- 38. Why Will You Gone With The Wind , Dongming Zhou
- 39. Our Mother , Craig Fieldings
- 40. When Do You Belong To A City? , Mishka Mojabber Mourani
- 41. City Of Dreams , Anupa Subramanian
- 42. Mad Mariner , Prasetya Utama
- 43. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The Tenth , Edwin Atherstone
- 44. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The Fourteenth , Edwin Atherstone
- 45. You Are Not Just A City. , Steven Reeve
- 46. Brick To Block - A City On Dock , Noor Othman
- 47. Metamorphosis , pedro moshood
- 48. A City Laid Waste , Iskandar Zulqarnain Muhamad
- 49. 11.3 , Mia Rennow
- 50. That City , Isaac Maliya
New City Poems
- City Lights, Breanna Choma
- Baltimore, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Pink City, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- City Of Love, Valentine Mbagu
- In The City Of Houses, manoj kumar rath
- City I Live In..!, SAK Reddy
- Calcutta - My Dear Hometown, Raja Basu
- Vale Of Tears, ademola oluwabusayo
- City Of Abomination, John Ugolo Umah
- That Pretty City, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- carpe diem