City Poems - Poems For City
Poems about city. You can read the best city poems. Browse through all city poems.
This City! - Poem by Chris Haifley
Trapped in a tarnished city of gold,
The glory gone with the years,
We need to find something else to hold,
Besides the bitter sting of our own tears.
Connections holding the foundation together,
Are the only place of rest,
You can't find the end-they go on forever!
And show the bloodlines of only the best.
While the people of service are forced out of Sanity,
We become entangled in a web of lies,
This city of gold is based only on vanity,
And made only of people who can play the disguise.
Cant find solace at home,
Can't find solace in the Lord,
We can't find sanity anywhere,
Maybe we should just rest in the morgue.
But we can't leave that way, it just won't be done,
We will keep ourselves breathing so that we can run,
Away from this city, full of corruption and lies,
And we won't stop running 'til we see the clear skies.
And the bright light of heaven, pulled by the gravity of Earth,
This is what living is,
This is what is called a rebirth.
With no artificial gold paint ruining our eyes,
And no heavy blue pigment that makes up the skies,
With lakes full of splendor that imitate the sea,
This will be the place where are souls can be set free,
As we close our eyes in this amazing new place,
The ties of the fantasy begin to unlace.
Our eyes snap open, and we're back in the cage,
The cage we call a city, full of violence and rage,
Trapped in a house that smells of flat paint and anticipation,
Any time out of it is considered a vacation.
Issues, issues, issues, they will never quit,
Just get me out of this city before I get sick,
Money, security, and comfort I could do without,
Whether we will get out of this city-I'm beginning to doubt.
Comments about This City! by Chris Haifley
Poems About City
- 1. This City! , Chris Haifley
- 2. Adieu , Katherine Lyczek
- 3. Rourkela , Tushar DasPattanayak
- 4. Away From The City , Pradip Dasgupta
- 5. A Grandview , Edmund Davis Quinn
- 6. Owerri; My City. , Freewill Amon
- 7. The Fernandina Beach Shrimp Festival 2010 , chris bowen
- 8. Letters Written In 3 Days , Indra Setiawan
- 9. Dreaming City , irenio irenaeus bero
- 10. City Gate , Lazarus Knix
- 11. I Went To Your City , JayAr Bugayong
- 12. Golden Dream , Radu Luca
- 13. Why Will You Gone With The Wind , Dongming Zhou
- 14. Our Mother , Craig Fieldings
- 15. Mad Mariner , Prasetya Utama
- 16. Animal , Emmanuel Stone
- 17. Beautiful, Beautiful Midnight City , Alex Duchovny
- 18. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The Tenth , Edwin Atherstone
- 19. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The Fourteenth , Edwin Atherstone
- 20. You Are Not Just A City. , Steven Reeve
- 21. They Painted The City Blue , Danielle Mari Nidea
- 22. Hybridity , Louis Borgo
- 23. Shine , Shona Cunnane
- 24. Sent To Du Fu Below Shaqiu City , Li Bai
- 25. Pink City , Shreya Jani
- 26. Inside Zomba White City Of Memories , Paul Mwenelupembe
- 27. Juba , Quir Diing Jr.
- 28. Essays On Literature , alexander opicho
- 29. An Elephant's Graveyard , Josephine DixonBanks
- 30. Odessa - My Principessa , Larisa Rzhepishevska
- 31. Dark In My City , Victoria Nunoo
- 32. Sorrows Of The Black City , Muhammad al-Fayturi
- 33. Curfew In The City , Jagannath Prasad Das
- 34. A False Step , Buland Al-Haidari
- 35. That City , Isaac Maliya
- 36. Birds Are Silent , pramod sen
- 37. Where The Mattagami Flows , Paul Henry Dallaire
- 38. In The Early Morning , Andrew Bowling
- 39. Faux City , Steve (WingTip) Watts
- 40. Sky And The City , Ishan Chaitanya
- 41. Brick To Block - A City On Dock , Noor Othman
- 42. Metamorphosis , pedro moshood
- 43. A City Laid Waste , Iskandar Zulqarnain Muhamad
- 44. When Do You Belong To A City? , Mishka Mojabber Mourani
- 45. City Of Dreams , Anupa Subramanian
- 46. The Fall Of Nineveh. Book The First , Edwin Atherstone
- 47. City Of Love , Elle Barr
- 48. 11.3 , Mia Rennow
- 49. The Story Of Ali RıZa And Ahmet , Orhan Veli Kanik
- 50. Israel In Egypt. Book Twenty-Fourth. , Edwin Atherstone
New City Poems
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- I Am A Villager, GICANIRO Gicaniro
- Aizawl In My Heart, Julius Akim
- The City Sleeps, Robert Ronnow
- City Lights, Breanna Choma
- Baltimore, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Pink City, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- City Of Love, Valentine Mbagu
- In The City Of Houses, manoj kumar rath
- Calcutta - My Dear Hometown, Raja Basu
- carpe diem