Chocolate Poems - Poems For Chocolate
Poems about chocolate. You can read the best chocolate poems. Browse through all chocolate poems.
I love chocolate cake.
And when I was a boy
I loved it even more.
Sometimes we used to have it for tea
and Mum used to say,
'If there's any left over
you can have it to take to school
tomorrow to have at playtime.'
And the next day I would take it to school
wrapped up in tin foil
open it up at playtime
and sit in the corner of the playground
you know how the icing on top
is all shiny and it cracks as you
bite into it,
and there's that other kind of icing in
and it sticks to your hands and you
can lick your fingers
and lick your lips
oh it's lovely.
once we had this chocolate cake for tea
and later I went to bed
but while I was in bed
I found myself waking up
licking my lips
I woke up proper.
'The chocolate cake.'
It was the first thing
1 thought of.
I could almost see it
so I thought,
what if I go downstairs
and have a little nibble, yeah?
It was all dark
everyone was in bed
so it must have been really late
but I got out of bed,
crept out of the door
there's always a creaky floorboard, isn't there?
Past Mum and Dad's room,
careful not to tread on bits of broken toys
or bits of Lego
you know what it's like treading on Lego
with your bare feet,
into the kitchen
open the cupboard
and there it is
So I take it out of the cupboard
put it on the table
and I see that
there's a few crumbs lying about on the plate,
so I lick my finger and run my finger all over the crumbs
scooping them up
and put them into my mouth.
I look again
and on one side where it's been cut,
it's all crumbly.
So I take a knife
I think I'll just tidy that up a bit,
cut off the crumbly bits
scoop them all up
and into the mouth
Look at the cake again.
That looks a bit funny now,
one side doesn't match the other
I'll just even it up a bit, eh?
Take the knife
This time the knife makes a little cracky noise
as it goes through that hard icing on top.
A whole slice this time,
into the mouth.
Oh the icing on top
and the icing in the middle
ohhhhhh oooo mmmmmm.
I can't stop myself
1 just take any old slice at it
and I've got this great big chunk
and I'm cramming it in
what a greedy pig
but it's so nice,
and there's another
and another and I'm squealing and I'm smacking my lips
and I'm stuffing myself with it
before I know
I've eaten the lot.
The whole lot.
I look at the plate.
It's all gone.
they're bound to notice, aren't they,
a whole chocolate cake doesn't just disappear
What shall 1 do?
I know. I'll wash the plate up,
and the knife
and put them away and maybe no one
will notice, eh?
So I do that
and creep creep creep
back to bed
licking my lips
with a lovely feeling in my belly.
In the morning I get up,
'Have you got your dinner money?'
and I say,
'And don't forget to take some chocolate cake with you.'
I stopped breathing.
'What's the matter,' she says,
'you normally jump at chocolate cake?'
I'm still not breathing,
and she's looking at me very closely now.
She's looking at me just below my mouth.
'What's that?' she says.
'What's what?' I say.
'What's that there?'
'There,' she says, pointing at my chin.
'I don't know,' I say.
'It looks like chocolate,' she says.
'It's not chocolate is it?'
'I don't know.'
She goes to the cupboard
looks in, up, top, middle, bottom,
turns back to me.
You haven't eaten it, have you?'
'I don't know.'
'You don't know. You don't know if you've eaten a whole
chocolate cake or not?
When? When did you eat it?'
So I told her,
and she said
well what could she say?
'That's the last time I give you any cake to take
Now go. Get out
not before you've washed your dirty sticky face.'
I went upstairs
looked in the mirror
and there it was,
just below my mouth,
a chocolate smudge.
Maybe she'll forget about it by next week. read more »
2.The Sugar-Plum Tree
Have you ever heard of the Sugar-Plum Tree?
'T is a marvel of great renown!
It blooms on the shore of the Lollipop sea
In the garden of Shut-Eye Town; read more »
Velvet fruit, exquisite square
I hold up to sniff
between finger and thumb - read more »
Once some people were visiting Chekhov.
While they made remarks about his genius
the Master fidgeted. Finally read more »
5.Chocolate and Vanilla, Nice Dream
A beautiful Sunday afternoon
Amid the estival breeze of a silent moon
You and I did enjoy a few scoops
Of our favorite dessert; oops, oops read more »
Adorable chocolate... read more »
Wrapped in shinny wrappers,
golden, red, silver and brown,
chocolate, the king of sweets,
everyone's favorite treat, read more »
Chocolate is funny
chocolate is fun
you can spread it on your body
you can lick it with your tongue read more »
9.*I Know What You’ve Been Doing’
Nanna’s charge little Shirley all but four
Grabbed the chocolate and closed the door,
On her face round her mouth, sticky dress
Melted chocolate what a mess! read more »
10.**Land of chocolate **
I took a walk out of the ordinary today
i didn't work, rest, nor did i play
i walked out my front door with a wish
a wish that i could walk to a chocolate land read more »
Ah' what a delight
You know you want it, right?
Go on, have a bite! read more »
12.' ' ' ' ' ' CHOC FULL OF LOVE(Tanka)
ah the poetry of
chocolate and a warm body
both of them melting
at the tip of a hot tongue read more »
New Chocolate Poems
- I Wish I Were A Chocolatier, Angela Wybrow
- Chocolate, Ronald Chapman
- Chocolate Day, Jim Yerman
- You've Got To Love Candy Bars, Paula Glynn
- Chocolate Chip Day, Jim Yerman
- Chocolate Chicken Curry, Angela Wybrow
- Candy, Cassandra Jasmine
- Chocolate Cake, Franklina OwusuAnsah
- My Unapproved Love For Chocolate, Kazi Maisha
- Gold Chocolate Coins, Vera Sidhwa
- Sweet, Vera Sidhwa
- A Chocolate Dream, Yasmeen Khan
- James Bond, Ruth Walters
- Chocolates, Daleen Enslinstrydom
- Chocolate! Chocolate!, Sylvia Chidi
- My Chocolate Day, Patricia Kelley
- Chocolate Day, Patricia Kelley
- Four boys, gajanan mishra
- Festival Haiku - Paris Chocolate Show 2012, john tiong chunghoo
- Chocolate Is A Food Group, Rich Reitz
- My Chocolate Brown, Urshula Davis
- O Chocolate, My Chocolate!, Melpomene's Tears
- Sexual Category With Taste Of Chocolate, Ezna Stephna
- Happy Birthday!, Philo Yan
- Chocolates, Richie John Pais
- Chocolate, Katheryn Foley
- Chocolate, Kourtney Silver
- Chocolate Day, ramesh rai
- Chocolate Soul, Natasha McGee
- Chocolate Kisses, Heather Iverson
- HANDS ALL OVER, Aldo Kraas
- Bury Me With Chocolates, Raynette Eitel
- Cup of mocha, O Sudhir Janardhanan
- Icecream, MORGAN DIETZ
- My Chocolate Love Affair!, Lana Grissom
- Chocolates, Sunshine Poet
- Chocolate Cake, Sherbanu Molu
- Chocolate!, anju addanki
- CHOCOLATE, Sedart Namow
- I Love Chocolate, Nichole Kaci McKnight
- A Temptation For Us All, Nichole Kaci McKnight
- Is it over, Priscilla Brown
- OUT OF SIGHT, Aldo Kraas
- choclate of mine, estif Gebru
- Chocolate, Hans Ostrom
- My choclate, Luwi Habte
- Chocolate, Lydia Etzler
- It’s all about the Chocolate!, Marilyn Lott
- 301, RIC S. BASTASA
- For the Love of Chocolate, Dee Daffodil
- DreamDiet, Ted L Glines
- Wrapped In Chocolate, Ms. Anika Martinez
- Chocolate, kaavyaa kriday
- The Dark Temptation, Hansika Subramanian
- chocolate milk, chocolate syrup, chocola.., drew bailey golden
- Chocolate, Ross Bateman
- My Substitute, Tia Maria
- Eternity Of Passion, Bonnie Collins
- .5. Chocolate, David Threadgold
- Chocolate for Lovers, sherif monem
- love is a box of chocolates, keelie morgan
- genga i love yo forever more, stacey finley
- Chocolate Cake, Hannah Unknownnnnnn
- chocolates, RIC S. BASTASA
- lovely chocolate, shina lala
- chocolate tart XD, amy child
- A Chocolate Valentine, Charles Garcia
- 2008 American Presidential Election Poem.., john tiong chunghoo
- Chocolate Whispers..., Jay AndersonTaylor
- All That's Left, Wesley Gibbings
- Chocolate cake, Dana Georgekish
- IT IS TOO MUCH OF A TEMPTATION, Aldo Kraas
- Chocolate Love, RAVIKIRAN ARAKKAL
- Give Me A Chocolate Heart, Phoenix Rory
- carpe diem