Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
Pain Of The Poor - Poem by Kazi Nazrul Islam
from a lack of mother's care,
in rags, their bodies covered with dirt,
faces dried up from starving all day, scornful,
their bodies feverish, skin chapped all over.
They can't even get a meager meal
from laboring all day.
Ignoring them-O Rich, O Ruler,
how can you stand the taste of monda, mithai, khaja?
Starving, when they see you-eating,
they beg silently with their pathetic eyes.
Shame on you!-How do you still go on gorging?
All that rice you store in your bins-
just a portion of it could save them.
You have such a wide variety of clothing;
these children do not have even as much
as the rag you polish your shoes with.
You've trunk loads of clothing,
while these children freeze to death all night long
with their mothers lying in corridors and lanes.
You feel so happy from hugs and kisses
from your children,
their mothers weep holding them in their bosoms.
Your children have no dearth of toys,
their toys are what's been thrown out-
an embarrassment for their mothers.
Their unkempt hair, turning brownish and matted,
their skin blackened from roaming about in the sun,
for no reason they get beaten and scolded by people.
Your children cry 'bloody murder' for minor incidents,
whereas they have at most a sombre face
even when their hearts break from sadness.
The mothers of these unfortunate children-
standing aloof-who understands how much pain there is
in their tearful eyes?
If there's a slight touch of fever
in your children, ten doctors come rushing to check them.
But for these children-even when they have a high temperature,
there's none to offer them even a sip of water;
reduced to skeletons, they die in their mothers' arms.
They don't eat pomegranates or grapes when they are sick;
they think they have the world
by getting just a piece of sugar candy.
Your children go to sleep in rocking cradles,
these children sleep under the tamarind tree;
even the most stone-hearted aught to be moved to see this.
Nobody understands their misery,
everybody despises them
and thinks, 'Why do they litter the streets?'
So take heed, a burning stomach needs to complain;
I don't wish that even on my enemies. .
Even in such misery,
God will supposedly grant them welfare-that's
the only consolation for the poor.
[Original: Goriber baytha; Translation: Sajed Kamal]
Comments about Pain Of The Poor by Kazi Nazrul Islam
Poems About Children
- 201. Pain Of The Poor , Kazi Nazrul Islam
- 202. Process One , AHO Speaks
- 203. Children , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 204. Beware! Grown Up Children! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 205. Why Do Children Of The Poor , Patrick White
- 206. With The Result That Shakespeare Excessi.. , starseven0 starseven0
- 207. Children Of The World (Speech) , Melvina Germain
- 208. Song Of Wink Star , Raj Arumugam
- 209. Toss And Grab 1, , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 210. Song: The Cries Of Today’s Children , Dr John Celes
- 211. Children's Day May 5. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 212. Children's Day In India,2012 , Dr John Celes
- 213. Golden Children , Naveed Akram
- 214. Children? , Naveed Akram
- 215. No End , Aparna Chatterjee
- 216. The War Children , Francis Duggan
- 217. Compared To Him , Francis Duggan
- 218. The Future Belong To The Children , Francis Duggan
- 219. Lifeforce , Charles Hice
- 220. Parents Are Spared , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 221. We Children Want , V P Mahur
- 222. Thirty-Nine Children , Patrick White
- 223. There Were Children Too , Cynthia BuhainBaello
- 224. Problematic , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 225. Forever Young , Ruth Walters
- 226. Valuable Lessons , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 227. Cold Hate , Ima Ryma
- 228. Children Of God , AHO Speaks
- 229. What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 230. So I Ask You...What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 231. Who Will Teach The Children? (Rated 24) , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 232. Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 3. The Mus.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 233. Sonnet # 337 , Luis Estable
- 234. Children Today , Naveed Akram
- 235. Tom Earley , Saiom Shriver
- 236. Confused , AHO Speaks
- 237. Love Children , gajanan mishra
- 238. Father’s Day , Dr John Celes
- 239. The Tiny Voice , Francis Duggan
- 240. The Fingers Which Bath The Children! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 241. Who Can See The Best In Everybody? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 242. Discipline , AHO Speaks
- 243. Botswana Meditation,1978 , Frank Bana
- 244. Parent's Footsteps , Randy McClave
- 245. Laws That Are Just, What Are They , Is It Poetry
- 246. Energy , AHO Speaks
- 247. Muslim Children , AHO Speaks
- 248. The Energy , AHO Speaks
- 249. How Archaic Can They Be? , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 250. Her Name Was Snow (Children S S.. , louis rams
New Children Poems
- Children Of The World (Speech), Melvina Germain
- Always There Are The Children, Nikki Giovanni
- Wisdom #2, NEDRA WILSON
- The Countdown Song, Rathindra Narayan Ghosh
- Children's Day May 5., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Now, michael walkerjohn
- Poisoned, Harley White
- She Changed The World With Her Music Today, Ronald Chapman
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- We Are Children, richard shekari
- carpe diem