Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
War Vets Dream - Poem by louis rams
When he came from Nam he had a plan
That not many people would understand.
To help children see that not all in life
Was destruction and poverty.
With death and bombings all around
All he could hear was the children s sounds.
With tears in their eyes and not understanding why
Why so many bodies on the ground
And not a one making a sound.
All he could see was these faces of despair
Children did not understand and could not care.
These visions of the war would
always stay in his mind
From that day forward till the end of time.
He vowed that he would do all that he can
To help all children and his fellow man.
When you see the ravages of war
And a country torn apart
And its people scattered
Then staying alive is all that matters.
He knew that he could not stop this genocide
But he knew for the future children he had to try.
He wanted to create a place called “children s world”
A safe haven for every boy and girl.
A place where children could be children
And war they would not see.
Where they could be with friends and their families.
A place with a roof over their heads
Hot food and a bed.
He knows with time this dream will come true
“It just depends on people like you.”
Comments about War Vets Dream by louis rams
Poems About Children
- 1. War Vets Dream , louis rams
- 2. Somebody Is Shooting Our Children , Hebert Logerie
- 3. The Plight Of Children Today , Dr John Celes
- 4. Children Of Lost God , Tribhawan Kaul
- 5. Children , Aldo Kraas
- 6. Children Of God , Aldo Kraas
- 7. Children In America! , Eric Cockrell
- 8. Children’s Day,2009 , Dr John Celes
- 9. Stop The Killing! , Eric Cockrell
- 10. Beware! Grown Up Children! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 11. Pain Of The Poor , Kazi Nazrul Islam
- 12. Children , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 13. Valuable Lessons , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 14. Cold Hate , Ima Ryma
- 15. Problematic , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 16. Lifeforce , Charles Hice
- 17. The War Children , Francis Duggan
- 18. Compared To Him , Francis Duggan
- 19. The Future Belong To The Children , Francis Duggan
- 20. Who Can See The Best In Everybody? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 21. Parents Are Spared , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 22. Thirty-Nine Children , Patrick White
- 23. We Children Want , V P Mahur
- 24. There Were Children Too , Cynthia BuhainBaello
- 25. Let The Children Come , gajanan mishra
- 26. Children Today , Naveed Akram
- 27. What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 28. So I Ask You...What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 29. Who Will Teach The Children? (Rated 24) , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 30. Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 3. The Mus.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 31. Sonnet # 337 , Luis Estable
- 32. Tom Earley , Saiom Shriver
- 33. Love Children , gajanan mishra
- 34. The Tiny Voice , Francis Duggan
- 35. Father’s Day , Dr John Celes
- 36. The Fingers Which Bath The Children! , Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- 37. With You , Justin Reamer
- 38. No End , Aparna Chatterjee
- 39. The Parent Rule Attack , Cecelia Weir
- 40. Botswana Meditation,1978 , Frank Bana
- 41. Nephew Yahya And His M.B.B.S. Uncle Abba.. , Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- 42. Parent's Footsteps , Randy McClave
- 43. No One Jumped, All Were Pushed , victoria martinez
- 44. How Archaic Can They Be? , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 45. Her Name Was Snow (Children S S.. , louis rams
- 46. A Children's Game , Ray Lucero
- 47. '' We'Re In A Battle That Cannot Be Won '' , bri mar
- 48. Mexico Blues , Aldo Kraas
- 49. History Repeats , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 50. Take Me To The Waterfall , Aldo Kraas
New Children Poems
- Children Of The World (Speech), Melvina Germain
- Always There Are The Children, Nikki Giovanni
- Wisdom #2, NEDRA WILSON
- The Countdown Song, Rathindra Narayan Ghosh
- Children's Day May 5., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Now, michael walkerjohn
- Poisoned, Harley White
- She Changed The World With Her Music Today, Ronald Chapman
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- We Are Children, richard shekari
- carpe diem