Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
The Plight Of Children Today - Poem by Dr John Celes
What looks like play for child with just toy gun,
Is not something done entirely for fun;
For, nowadays, one finds children misused,
For various reasons, and also abused.
Some buds can’t blossom into flowers good,
And beautify the plants on which they lie;
Nor landscapes, gardens or a far-off wood-
For, they are nipped early, destined to die!
Oh, what a sorry state of children now!
The world denies them freedom, basic rights;
Neglected by parents, they pine for love;
Children are prey to society’s vice-bites!
Orphaned, famished, ravished, bare-bodied, some,
Just spend their lives in pavement beggary;
Although quite beautiful and quite handsome,
They lead a miserable life that’s scary.
Why blame these kids for stealing eatables?
What will they do when hunger pangs seize them?
What can they do if offered drugs for free?
What can they do when misled by adults?
When acts of violence, TV screens display,
When scenes of taking revenge catch their eyes,
When war of words are witnessed by young minds,
Will not more children fall in vice-filled dens?
Most children love to eat and sleep and play;
They’re unable to do these things today;
Weighed down by satchel-full of books to school,
Some play truant and make their parents, ‘fool’!
And children are the victims when comes war;
Misused as jockeys for camel-race;
For less pay, working with adults at par;
You see just children with fear on their face.
Gun-toting children in military dress,
They have no parents to love or caress;
They learn to fight and shoot under duress;
Some, homosexual victims, in harness!
Child is the father of man tomorrow;
Most children live in dangers and sorrow;
Some leave their homes, when young akin sparrows;
Some toil by pushing carts and wheel-barrows!
A very sad plight of children today!
Some have to slog at nights almost like day;
Some barely-fed, learn vices, come what may;
The modern world has not a thing to say?
Copyright by Dr John Celes 4-11-2008
Comments about The Plight Of Children Today by Dr John Celes
Poems About Children
- 1. The Plight Of Children Today , Dr John Celes
- 2. Children Of Lost God , Tribhawan Kaul
- 3. Children , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 4. Children , Aldo Kraas
- 5. Children Of God , Aldo Kraas
- 6. Children In America! , Eric Cockrell
- 7. Children’s Day,2009 , Dr John Celes
- 8. Stop The Killing! , Eric Cockrell
- 9. Pain Of The Poor , Kazi Nazrul Islam
- 10. Problematic , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 11. Cold Hate , Ima Ryma
- 12. Forever Young , Ruth Walters
- 13. Valuable Lessons , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 14. No End , Aparna Chatterjee
- 15. The War Children , Francis Duggan
- 16. Compared To Him , Francis Duggan
- 17. The Future Belong To The Children , Francis Duggan
- 18. Lifeforce , Charles Hice
- 19. Parents Are Spared , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 20. We Children Want , V P Mahur
- 21. Thirty-Nine Children , Patrick White
- 22. There Were Children Too , Cynthia BuhainBaello
- 23. Tales Of A Wayside Inn : Part 3. The Mus.. , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 24. Children Today , Naveed Akram
- 25. What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 26. So I Ask You...What Of The Children? , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 27. Who Will Teach The Children? (Rated 24) , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 28. Atleast Don'T Do That Sin , Nikhil Parekh
- 29. Let The Children Come , gajanan mishra
- 30. Love Children , gajanan mishra
- 31. Tom Earley , Saiom Shriver
- 32. The Tiny Voice , Francis Duggan
- 33. Father’s Day , Dr John Celes
- 34. Who Can See The Best In Everybody? , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 35. How Archaic Can They Be? , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 36. Her Name Was Snow (Children S S.. , louis rams
- 37. A Children's Game , Ray Lucero
- 38. '' We'Re In A Battle That Cannot Be Won '' , bri mar
- 39. Mexico Blues , Aldo Kraas
- 40. History Repeats , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 41. Take Me To The Waterfall , Aldo Kraas
- 42. Instead Of Adoring Santa Claus , Randy Johnson
- 43. Abortions Isn’t Health-Care , Dr John Celes
- 44. Love For Children , RIC S. BASTASA
- 45. Stop That Gentle Rocking Of My Cradle , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 46. Hunger , Edwina Reizer
- 47. You Are A Role Model , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 48. Old Jenny , Francis Duggan
- 49. Old Wacko , Francis Duggan
- 50. Mrs Golga , Francis Duggan
New Children Poems
- Adam And Eve And The Marriage God, Simpa omoluabi
- The Countdown Song, Rathindra Narayan Ghosh
- Children's Day May 5., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Now, michael walkerjohn
- Poisoned, Harley White
- She Changed The World With Her Music Today, Ronald Chapman
- Mother & The Artist, Nikhil Parekh
- Children Are Like God., Nikhil Parekh
- Had All Your So Called Manliness Died?, Nikhil Parekh
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- carpe diem