Poem about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
I cannot reach it; and my striving eye
Dazzles at it, as at eternity.
Were now that chronicle alive,
Those white designs which children drive,
And the thoughts of each harmless hour,
With their content, too, in my power,
Quickly would I make my path even,
And by mere playing go to heaven.
Why should men love
A wolf more than a lamb or dove?
Or choose hell-fire and brimstone streams
Before bright stars and God's own beams?
Who kisseth thorns will hurt his face,
But flowers do both refresh and grace,
And sweetly living - fie on men! -
Are, when dead, medicinal then;
If seeing much should make staid eyes,
And long experience should make wise,
Since all that age doth teach is ill,
Why should I not love childhood still?
Why, if I see a rock or shelf,
Shall I from thence cast down myself?
Or by complying with the world,
From the same precipice be hurled?
Those observations are but foul
Which make me wise to lose my soul.
And yet the practice worldlings call
Business, and weighty action all,
Checking the poor child for his play,
But gravely cast themselves away.
Dear, harmless age! the short, swift span
Where weeping Virtue parts with man;
Where love without lust dwells, and bends
What way we please without self-ends.
An age of mysteries! which he
Must live twice that would God's face see;
Which angels guard, and with it play,
Angels! which foul men drive away.
How do I study now, and scan
Thee more than e'er I studied man,
And only see through a long night
Thy edges and thy bordering light!
Oh for thy center and midday!
For sure that is the narrow way! read more »
From Child's Garden of Verses
I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see. read more »
15.Let Dogs Delight to Bark and Bite
Let dogs delight to bark and bite,
For God hath made them so;
Let bears and lions growl and fight, read more »
16.How the Leaves Came Down
'I'll tell you how the leaves came down,'
The great Tree to his children said:
'You're getting sleepy, Yellow and Brown, read more »
17.Wee Willie Winkie
Wee Willie Winkie
Rins through the toun,
Up stairs and doun stairs read more »
18.A Prayer For My Son
BID a strong ghost stand at the head
That my Michael may sleep sound,
Nor cry, nor turn in the bed
Till his morning meal come round; read more »
19.A Prayer For My Daughter
ONCE more the storm is howling, and half hid
Under this cradle-hood and coverlid
My child sleeps on. There is no obstacle
But Gregory's wood and one bare hill
Whereby the haystack- and roof-levelling wind. read more »
20.Sweet And Low
Sweet and low, sweet and low,
Wind of the western sea,
Low, low, breathe and blow,
Wind of the western sea! read more »
21.A Good Boy
I woke before the morning, I was happy all the day,
I never said an ugly word, but smiled and stuck to play.
And now at last the sun is going down behind the wood, read more »
22.Whole Duty of Children
A child should always say what's true
And speak when he is spoken to,
And behave mannerly at table; read more »
'You are old, father William,' the young man said,
'And your hair has become very white; read more »
24.The Village Blacksmith
Under a spreading chestnut tree
The village smithy stands;
The smith, a might man is he,
With large and sinewy hands; read more »
New Children Poems
- Smiles of teachers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thoughts from meadow near the school., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mother, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Child Smile, sherif monem
- African Child Through Your Eyes I See, Saviour Machuwaire
- let a child smile, Nikhil Parekh
- Mother never bear the cry, gajanan mishra
- My children my future, gajanan mishra
- Children're Our Future, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Child Represents God, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child., Carlton Douglas Kennedy
- Child, gajanan mishra
- Native Fly: African Child, Vinz Poetry
- This Child, Elannia Lake
- Child-line, gajanan mishra
- Come Little Children - John Debney, Sashka Salvatore
- Children, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Addison (Addy), Heather Burns
- Eyes of a child, Siddharth Shah
- A Child's Expression, Philo Yan
- A Mother, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Monday's Child is Ill, Bruce Larkin
- Truth Smiles In Child!, Ramdas Bhandarkar
- Children of Light, Jasdeep Hari Bhajan Singh Kh ..
- 7faces, sally ann jackson
- (Freedom poems) Fairy child, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Toss and Grab 1,, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mondays Child Poem, anamika dev
- Every Child!, Eric Cockrell
- The child removes the sky and earth, Miroslava Odalovic
- The Child Had No Trust, Miroslava Odalovic
- Y... Close to my children, Aufie Zophy
- How Many Children? (Holiness), Eric Cockrell
- To Be A Child Again, Kenneth Davis
- Give Love To Children, akingbehin daniel murphy
- Hungry Children, Bethany Williams
- Once Children Are Rifting, Ezna Stephna
- A child stuck in time, Babygirl 1992
- Child In Your Arms, Dave Alan Walker
- A Prayer On Child Abuse, Ginny Cadle
- The African Mother, Ortiz Antwi
- Wind Child Love Embracing, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Children Do Not Suffer, Heather Burns
- The Story Of Nevermore, Raven Nevermore
- Why Me?, Kaleb Brown
- For A Child, Shalom Freedman
- LIFESONG, No Reason To Care
- LET THE CHILDREN REMEMBER, Aldo Kraas
- Three children, yvette carbajal
- Don't Cry, Child, Nina Dringo
- Mother's Love, Rhonda Bowdidge
- Sadness into one Heart, annamaria bicego
- The Child, Brie Carter
- why hate me i am just a child, Gamar robinson
- The Child, Maria Luisa Taylor
- Who Will Cry?, Natasha Ligons
- I know a child, Sami Woodall
- Child Molester, Ramona Thompson
- The Child, Helen Williamson
- Monday's Child, Zoe Field
- A Broken Child, Haley Brown
- Give Your Child A Heart., Palas Kumar Ray
- where is the child?, Sarah Abu Zeid
- The Child, Dr John Celes
- precious as a child, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- I Sent My Child To School Today, Doug Hollywood Davis
- There Are No Children Here, Violet Llewellyn
- Child's words, Old Amsterdam
- Child, Child, Sophia White
- THIS IS OUR WORLD! ! (SHOCKING n EXPLICIT), Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- What children know (understand), Namie Elisha
- THE WAR OF THE CHILDREN, Aldo Kraas
- GIVE THIS CHILD WHAT SHE NEEDS, Aldo Kraas
- CHILDREN OF PERSIA, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem