Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, 'Speak to us of Children.'
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable. read more »
My fairest child, I have no song to give you;
No lark could pipe to skies so dull and grey: read more »
3.Unknown Girl In A Maternity Ward
Child, the current of your breath is six days long.
You lie, a small knuckle on my white bed;
lie, fisted like a snail, so small and strong read more »
4.A Poet To His Baby Son
Tiny bit of humanity,
Blessed with your mother’s face,
And cursed with your father’s mind. read more »
The boy stood on the burning deck
Whence all but he had fled;
The flame that lit the battle's wreck
Shone round him o'er the dead. read more »
I cradled my newborn daughter
and felt the heartbeat
pull me out of shock. read more »
7.Whatever Brawls Disturb the Street
Once there was a little boy,
With curly hair and pleasant eye—
A boy who always told the truth, read more »
8.Love Between Brothers and Sisters
Whatever brawls disturb the street,
There should be peace at home;
Where sisters dwell and brothers meet, read more »
9.A Child Asleep
How he sleepeth! having drunken
Weary childhood's mandragore,
From his pretty eyes have sunken
Pleasures, to make room for more- - read more »
10.The Children's Hour
Between the dark and the daylight,
When the night is beginning to lower,
Comes a pause in the day's occupations,
That is known as the Children's Hour. read more »
11.We are Seven
--------A Simple Child,
That lightly draws its breath,
And feels its life in every limb,
What should it know of death? read more »
12.Childhood is the Kingdom Where Nobody Dies
Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age
The child is grown, and puts away childish things.
Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies. read more »
New Children Poems
- Innocence Untarnished, Radhika Pandhare
- Smiles of teachers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thoughts from meadow near the school., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Child Discipline, Paul Sebastian
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- African Child Through Your Eyes I See, Saviour Machuwaire
- Sweet song, Emmanuel George Cefai
- She Changed The World With Her Music Today, Ronald Chapman
- let a child smile, Nikhil Parekh
- Mother never bear the cry, gajanan mishra
- My children my future, gajanan mishra
- Children're Our Future, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Through A Child's Eyes, Nicole GravellPellerino
- A Child., Carlton Douglas Kennedy
- Child, gajanan mishra
- Native Fly: African Child, Vinz Poetry
- Only For Children, sakalabaktula sairaj
- This Child, Elannia Lake
- A Gift The Child Never Asked For, Mahadevan Krishnan
- Come Little Children - John Debney, Sashka Salvatore
- A Child's Eyes, Holly Jamestone
- Children, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Addison (Addy), Heather Burns
- Eyes of a child, Siddharth Shah
- A Child's Expression, Philo Yan
- A Mother, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Monday's Child is Ill, Bruce Larkin
- Truth Smiles In Child!, Ramdas Bhandarkar
- Children of Light, Jasdeep Hari Bhajan Singh Kh ..
- 7faces, sally ann jackson
- (Freedom poems) Fairy child, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Song: Child's Play, Dave SmithWhite
- Toss and Grab 1,, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mondays Child Poem, anamika dev
- The child removes the sky and earth, Miroslava Odalovic
- The Child Had No Trust, Miroslava Odalovic
- Y... Close to my children, Aufie Zophy
- How Many Children? (Holiness), Eric Cockrell
- Hungry Children, Bethany Williams
- Once Children Are Rifting, Ezna Stephna
- A child stuck in time, Babygirl 1992
- Child In Your Arms, Dave Alan Walker
- A Prayer On Child Abuse, Ginny Cadle
- The African Mother, Ortiz Antwi
- Wind Child Love Embracing, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- LIGHT OF CHILDREN’S HANDS, Suzae Chevalier
- All Of Their Laughter, Bee Kilpatrick
- Children Do Not Suffer, Heather Burns
- Prayers of parents make a peaceful heave.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- The Story Of Nevermore, Raven Nevermore
- Fear for Life, Miranda Dodge
- Innocence blood, michelle al G
- Why Me?, Kaleb Brown
- For A Child, Shalom Freedman
- LIFESONG, No Reason To Care
- LET THE CHILDREN REMEMBER, Aldo Kraas
- Three children, yvette carbajal
- Mother's Love, Rhonda Bowdidge
- Sadness into one Heart, annamaria bicego
- The Child, Brie Carter
- The Child, Maria Luisa Taylor
- THE CHILD'S WAY, Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- Todays Child, Joy Lovelet Crawford
- Child Molester, Ramona Thompson
- The Child, Helen Williamson
- Monday's Child, Zoe Field
- A Broken Child, Haley Brown
- A Child's Laughter, Harry J. Couchon Jr
- precious as a child, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- Child's words, Old Amsterdam
- Child, Child, Sophia White
- THIS IS OUR WORLD! ! (SHOCKING n EXPLICIT), Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- What children know (understand), Namie Elisha
- THE WAR OF THE CHILDREN, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem