Childhood Poems - Poems For Childhood
Poems about childhood. You can read the best childhood poems. Browse through all childhood poems.
Lady Luck Has Been So Kind To Me - Poem by Francis Duggan
Some like to think that your past is gone forever
But your memories good or bad won't fade away
And green of Spring to the young eyes look greener
And our sense of wonderment grow less with every day.
And memories of a childhood close to Nature
Despite time's passage with me still remain
I hear the dunnock chirping on the hedgerow
And the skylark piping o'er the hill again.
I grew up west of Millstreet in Duhallow
And Summer days the happiest days of all
Free of the classroom and it's many restrictions
Such happy memories one tend to recall.
I often roamed by Nature's streams and rivers
And I grew to love the dipper's scratchy song
And I only feel now I might be a stranger
In Claraghatlea North where I once belong.
I could have been born to a ghetto mother
An Urban child condemned to poverty
Away from Mother Nature's joys and beauty
But lady luck has been so kind to me.
Male robin with the reddish breast is singing
In leafy grove just out of Millstreet Town
And greenfinch on a bay tree softly piping
In Quiet Mountleader as the sun goes down.
The country lad will always learn from Nature
The sparrows nest an untidy ball of hay
But they always line it with the softest feathers
And in Spring you hear their nestlings chirp all day.
The happy childhood memories will stay young forever
Though our sense of wonder ebbs as we grow old
And it's true each person to tell has a story
Though many stories must remain untold.
And my untold story is of my childhood close to Nature
A country boy is never ever poor
And I retain the memories of Spring mornings
When thrush and blackbird piped in Annagloor.
The cows from Wintering indoors out on pasture
And Duhallow flushed with wildflowers looking green
And I feel happy for my childhood memories
And happy for the beauty I have seen.
The moorhen chirp in tall reeds by the river
To warn her chicks when she sense danger near
And her dark and tiny offsprings swim to cover
And their cheepings I fancy I still can hear.
The horned sheep are high on Clara Mountain
The old man say a few fine days ahead
When sheep are grazing on or near the summit
The weather on the mend it has been said.
By circumstance of birth I have been lucky
And from childhood happy memories I retain
And I hear the dipper singing in the river
And the skylark piping o'er the hill again.
Comments about Lady Luck Has Been So Kind To Me by Francis Duggan
Poems About Childhood
- 201. Lady Luck Has Been So Kind To Me , Francis Duggan
- 202. Since Childhood The Night Scares You , Gert Strydom
- 203. Strange Twists In Parent Echo , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 204. - Blessed - , Aparna Chatterjee
- 205. My Memories Of Childhood Are Fading , Francis Duggan
- 206. A December Day , Sossi Khachadourian
- 207. The Future's All That Matter , Francis Duggan
- 208. Song, Never Could You Hide From... - Tra.. , Lyudmila Purgina
- 209. Mad Mirrors - Part C (3) , Raquel Angel Nagler
- 210. Paperback Primary School Dictionary , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 211. Tanka Splendour , john tiong chunghoo
- 212. After The Funeral Ii - 0208 , Jonathan ROBIN
- 213. Writing Comments: A Tragi-Comic History , Raj Arumugam
- 214. Simple Observation #96 - It's Very Hard .. , George Krokos
- 215. When Toys , Is It Poetry
- 216. Spiritual Incarnations , Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- 217. They Killed Us, But They Could Not Let U.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 218. Pretty Images From Here And There , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 219. On Childhood , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 220. A Flashback Image , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 221. A Real Crisis Of Human Lives , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 222. The Killing Of Innocent Childhood - قتل .. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 223. Christmas In Lisnaboy , Francis Duggan
- 224. Brooding , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 225. Mad Mirrors - Part C (10) , Raquel Angel Nagler
- 226. Little Women , john tiong chunghoo
- 227. Again And Again , john tiong chunghoo
- 228. Never Kill Innocent Kids Anywhere And Ev.. , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 229. Toys , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 230. Mad Mirrors - Part C (4) , Raquel Angel Nagler
- 231. And When You Do , Is It Poetry
- 232. Compared To Him , Francis Duggan
- 233. Turn Back The Clock , Aldo Kraas
- 234. Childhood In The Boarding School.. , veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- 235. Second Adolescence , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 236. My Childhood Home I See Again , Is It Poetry
- 237. Tantalizing Childhood Memories , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 238. The Three Words , Francis Duggan
- 239. A Past Memory. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 240. Hobbesian Girl , John F. McCullagh
- 241. Different Childhood. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 242. Keeping Memory. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 243. You Superwrite All Your Poems , Vera Sidhwa
- 244. Kids Are Kids , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 245. Rural Life. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 246. The Missing Steps. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 247. Old Memories , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 248. Here And There, But Nowhere , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 249. Kids' Mass Murderers Are At Large , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 250. Dogs And Cats , MOHAMMAD SKATI
New Childhood Poems
- Unforgettable Memory, Sahra Hussein
- My True Places That I Am Fond Of, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Kids, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Truth Of Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sounds Of Childhood, Shankaran Kutty
- Childhood Days, BALAMBAL SURYANARAYANAN
- Childhood, KAUSHAL SABOO
- Giving Birth, Nassy Fesharaki
- Naughtiness And My Childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Villanelle: Even Childhood Teenage Nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- carpe diem