Some deem I'm gentle, some I'm kind:
It may be so,--I cannot say.
I know I have a simple mind
And see things in a simple way; read more »
When I go on my morning walk,
Because I'm mild,
If I be in the mood to talk read more »
I cannot reach it; and my striving eye
Dazzles at it, as at eternity.
Were now that chronicle alive,
Those white designs which children drive, read more »
16.With Trumpet and Drum
With big tin trumpet and little red drum,
Marching like soldiers, the children come!
It 's this way and that way they circle and file---
My! but that music of theirs is fine! read more »
It would be good to give much thought, before
you try to find words for something so lost,
for those long childhood afternoons you knew
that vanished so completely -and why? read more »
18.Fifteen, Maybe Sixteen Things to Worry About
My pants could maybe fall down when I dive off the diving board.
My nose could maybe keep growing and never quit.
Miss Brearly could ask me to spell words like stomach and special.
(Stumick and speshul?) read more »
19.In the Waiting Room
In Worcester, Massachusetts,
I went with Aunt Consuelo
to keep her dentist's appointment
and sat and waited for her read more »
By day you cannot see the sky
For it is up so very high.
You look and look, but it's so blue
That you can never see right through. read more »
1 Happy those early days, when I
2 Shin'd in my angel-infancy!
3 Before I understood this place
4 Appointed for my second race, read more »
The bitterness. the misery, the wretchedness of childhood
Put me out of love with God. read more »
23.Boy at the Window
Seeing the snowman standing all alone
In dusk and cold is more than he can bear.
The small boy weeps to hear the wind prepare
A night of gnashings and enormous moan. read more »
24.Last Word To Childhood
Ice-cold fear has slowly decreased
As my bones have grown, my height increased.
Though I shiver in snow of dreams, I shall never
Freeze again in a noonday terror. read more »
New Childhood Poems
- The Peaceful steps in memories., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Chicago, Pat Raia
- In the Rain, Elius Rubby
- Joy, Nero CaroZiv
- Childhood, Ella Goodman
- Wishes, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Do Not Snatch Its Childhood, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku(Childhood: A Lost Dream), Aftab Alam
- Childhood Stories, Neelam Dadhwal
- Auschwitz Not Was My Kindergarten, Fayad Jamis
- My Childhood's Home, John Bradford
- Childhood In The Boarding School.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Through my childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Her pretty childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- There's No Heaven, Neela Nath
- Facilities To Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Epic Story Of Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood For Differently Able., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Inviting Childhood, maharshi trivedi
- I Am A Child, gajanan mishra
- Wishes To Children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Different Childhood., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Childhood, A Lost Dream, Neela Nath
- Childhood, Aftab Alam
- Remembering Childhood, maharshi trivedi
- Love In Childhood, Neela Nath
- UNESCO's Poor And Neglected Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- - Blessed -, Aparna Chatterjee
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misty times, Peter Hall
- Childhood Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Child World, Edgar Albert Guest
- CHILDHOOD'S MAGIC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- the greatest sin, Nikhil Parekh
- MUTUAL DREAMS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Skipping Stones, Kyle Schlicher
- Enfance, Eric Dubois
- Never feel shy, hasmukh amathalal
- Patos Orchard Was A Pretty Place, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Without Him, Kingshuk Chakraborty
- Reunion of the childhood lovers, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- The Sky, Sima Shied
- Tanka # 6, Kala Ramesh
- Stained Glass, Summer Song
- Childhood, Anish Chouhan
- I Want To Go To The High-Veldt, Gert Strydom
- Childhood, Nero CaroZiv
- Childhood, Aryaman Kakkar
- Tantalizing Childhood Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Childhood, Dr John Celes
- Childhood, Ravikumar C.P.
- Away from Glass, Rahman Henry
- Childhood, Gnana raju
- Lasting Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carousel And Gioconda, Jüri Talvet
- My Childhood, Gamaliel Scipio
- Recall, Aparna Chatterjee
- Childhood, Biplab Singha
- Those Were the Days, Maia Padua
- $$$Brother, malini kadir
- my childhood, Saffan Asif
- Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Glimpses of My Childhood, Rohit Sapra
- Past Record, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Childhood, Sir. Shaheer Ahmed
- My Golden Days, Amitava Sur
- Carefree, Margaret Moran
- Alufalism words, Senator alufalism
- Childhood Days, Abubakar Abdulkadir
- Childhood Friendship, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Childhood, Rekha Menon
- Monorhyme Poem: Childhood’s Effulgence, Dr John Celes
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem