Child Poems - Poems For Child
Poems about child. You can read the best child poems. Browse through all child poems.
37.The Village Blacksmith
Under a spreading chestnut tree
The village smithy stands;
The smith, a might man is he,
With large and sinewy hands;
And the muscles of his brawney arms
Are strong as iron bands.
His hair is crisp, and black, and long,
His face is like the tan;
His brow is wet with honest sweat,
He earns what'er he can,
And looks the whole word in the face,
For he owes not any man.
Week in, week out, from morn till night,
You can hear the bellows blow;
You can hear him swing his might sledge,
With measure beat and slow,
Like a sexton ringing the village bell,
When the evening sun is low.
And children coming home from school
Look in the open door;
They love to see the flaming forge,
And hear the bellows roar.
And catch the flaming sparks that fly
Like chaff from a threshing floor.
He goes on Sunday to the church,
And sits among his boys;
He hears the parson pray and preach,
He hears his daughter's voice,
Singing in the choir,
And it makes his heart rejoice.
It sounds to him like his mother's voice,
Singing in Paradise!
He needs must think of her once more,
How in the grave she lies;
And with his hard, rough hands he wipes
A tear out of his eyes.
Toiing, -- rejoicing, -- sorrowing,
Onward in life he goes;
Each morning sees some task begin,
Each evening sees it close;
Something attempted, something done,
Has earned his night's repose.
Thanks, thanks to thee, my worthy friend,
For the lesson thou has taught!
Thus at the flaming forge of life
Our fortunes must be wrought;
Thus on its sounding anvil shaped
Each burning deed and thought. read more »
38.The Stolen Child
Where dips the rocky highland
Of Sleuth Wood in the lake,
There lies a leafy island
Where flapping herons wake read more »
Two children (small), one Four, one Five,
Once saw a bee go in a hive,
They'd never seen a bee before!
So waited there to see some more. read more »
40.A Child in the Garden
When to the garden of untroubled thought
I came of late, and saw the open door,
And wished again to enter, and explore
The sweet, wild ways with stainless bloom inwrought, read more »
When I go on my morning walk,
Because I'm mild,
If I be in the mood to talk read more »
42.Sympathetic Portrait Of A Child
The murderer's little daughter
who is barely ten years old
jerks her shoulders read more »
All day he lay upon the sand
When summer sun was bright,
And let the grains sift through his hand
With infantile delight; read more »
44.Spring and Fall: To a young child
Margaret, are you grieving
Over Goldengrove unleaving?
Leaves, like the things of man, you
With your fresh thoughts care for, can you? read more »
Drunk or sober Uncle Jim
Played the boy;
Never glum or sour or grim,
Oozin' joy. read more »
46.My Son the Man
Suddenly his shoulders get a lot wider,
the way Houdini would expand his body
while people were putting him in chains. It seems read more »
47.Last Word To Childhood
Ice-cold fear has slowly decreased
As my bones have grown, my height increased.
Though I shiver in snow of dreams, I shall never
Freeze again in a noonday terror. read more »
48.In Memory of a Child
The angels guide him now,
And watch his curly head, read more »
New Child Poems
- Smiles of teachers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thoughts from meadow near the school., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mother, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Child Smile, sherif monem
- African Child Through Your Eyes I See, Saviour Machuwaire
- let a child smile, Nikhil Parekh
- Mother never bear the cry, gajanan mishra
- My children my future, gajanan mishra
- Children're Our Future, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Child Represents God, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child., Carlton Douglas Kennedy
- Child, gajanan mishra
- Native Fly: African Child, Vinz Poetry
- This Child, Elannia Lake
- Child-line, gajanan mishra
- Come Little Children - John Debney, Sashka Salvatore
- Children, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Addison (Addy), Heather Burns
- Eyes of a child, Siddharth Shah
- A Child's Expression, Philo Yan
- A Mother, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Monday's Child is Ill, Bruce Larkin
- Truth Smiles In Child!, Ramdas Bhandarkar
- Children of Light, Jasdeep Hari Bhajan Singh Kh ..
- 7faces, sally ann jackson
- (Freedom poems) Fairy child, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Toss and Grab 1,, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mondays Child Poem, anamika dev
- Every Child!, Eric Cockrell
- The child removes the sky and earth, Miroslava Odalovic
- The Child Had No Trust, Miroslava Odalovic
- Y... Close to my children, Aufie Zophy
- How Many Children? (Holiness), Eric Cockrell
- To Be A Child Again, Kenneth Davis
- Give Love To Children, akingbehin daniel murphy
- Hungry Children, Bethany Williams
- Once Children Are Rifting, Ezna Stephna
- A child stuck in time, Babygirl 1992
- Child In Your Arms, Dave Alan Walker
- A Prayer On Child Abuse, Ginny Cadle
- The African Mother, Ortiz Antwi
- Wind Child Love Embracing, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Children Do Not Suffer, Heather Burns
- The Story Of Nevermore, Raven Nevermore
- Why Me?, Kaleb Brown
- For A Child, Shalom Freedman
- LIFESONG, No Reason To Care
- LET THE CHILDREN REMEMBER, Aldo Kraas
- Three children, yvette carbajal
- Don't Cry, Child, Nina Dringo
- Mother's Love, Rhonda Bowdidge
- Sadness into one Heart, annamaria bicego
- The Child, Brie Carter
- why hate me i am just a child, Gamar robinson
- The Child, Maria Luisa Taylor
- Who Will Cry?, Natasha Ligons
- I know a child, Sami Woodall
- Child Molester, Ramona Thompson
- The Child, Helen Williamson
- Monday's Child, Zoe Field
- A Broken Child, Haley Brown
- Give Your Child A Heart., Palas Kumar Ray
- where is the child?, Sarah Abu Zeid
- The Child, Dr John Celes
- precious as a child, Morhardt Carmen Mencita Mono ..
- I Sent My Child To School Today, Doug Hollywood Davis
- There Are No Children Here, Violet Llewellyn
- Child's words, Old Amsterdam
- Child, Child, Sophia White
- THIS IS OUR WORLD! ! (SHOCKING n EXPLICIT), Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- What children know (understand), Namie Elisha
- THE WAR OF THE CHILDREN, Aldo Kraas
- GIVE THIS CHILD WHAT SHE NEEDS, Aldo Kraas
- CHILDREN OF PERSIA, Aldo Kraas
- carpe diem