Change Poems - Poems For Change - A Change Of Menu
Poems about change. You can read the best change poems. Browse through all change poems.
A Change Of Menu - Poem by Banjo Paterson
Now the new chum loaded his three-nought-three,
It's a small-bore gun, but his hopes were big.
"I am fed to the teeth with old ewe," said he,
"And I might be able to shoot a pig."
And he trusted more to his nose than ear
To give him warning when pigs were near.
Out of his lair in the lignum dark.
Where the wild duck nests and the bilbie digs,
With a whoof and a snort and a kind of bark
There rose the father of all the pigs:
And a tiger would have walked wide of him
As he stropped his tusks on a leaning limb.
Then the new chum's three-nought-three gave tongue
Like a popgun fired in an opera bouffe:
But a pig that was old when the world was young
Is near as possible bullet-proof.
(The more you shoot him the less he dies,
Unless you catch him between the eyes.)
So the new chum saw it was up to him
To become extinct if he stopped to shoot;
So he made a leap for a gidgee limb
While the tusker narrowly missed his boot.
Then he found a fork, where he swayed in air
As he gripped the boughs like a native bear.
The pig sat silent and gaunt and grim
To wait and wait till his foe should fall:
For night and day were the same to him,
And home was any old place at all.
"I must wait," said he, "till this sportsman drops;
I could use his boots for a pair of strops."
The crows that watch from the distant blue
Came down to see what it all might mean;
An eaglehawk and a cockatoo
Bestowed their patronage on the scene.
Till a far-off boundary rider said
"I must have a look -- there is something dead."
Now the new chum sits at his Christmas fare
Of a dried-up chop from a tough old ewe.
Says he, "It's better than native bear
And nearly as tender as kangaroo.
An emu's egg I can masticate,
But pork," says he, "is the thing I hate."
Comments about A Change Of Menu by Banjo Paterson
Poems About Change
- 1. Change Upon Change , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 2. Change , Kathleen Jessie Raine
- 3. A Change Of Menu , Banjo Paterson
- 4. Change , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 5. Sonnet 123: No, Time, Thou Shalt Not Boa.. , William Shakespeare
- 6. I Cannot Change, As Others Do , Lord John Wilmot
- 7. It Will Not Change , Sara Teasdale
- 8. Elegy Iii: Change , John Donne
- 9. Welcome Change , Gina Whitacre
- 10. Sonnet: Change You Can But… , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 11. The Course Of Life, Time, And Events And.. , Merlin Archivilla
- 12. Why Flowers Change Colour , Robert Herrick
- 13. Villanelle Of Change , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 14. Change , Raymond Knister
- 15. Change Should Breed Change , William Henry Drummond
- 16. A Change Of Air , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 17. A Prayer For Change , Linda Ori
- 18. Modern Love X: But Where Began The Change , George Meredith
- 19. Constancy In Change , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 20. I Cannot Change, As Others Do , John Wilmot
- 21. Winds Of Change , asma bahrainwala
- 22. Chance And Change , Esther Leclerc
- 23. ’tis Time For A Change Of Heart! , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 24. Everything That Will Not Change , Amberlee Carter
- 25. Change And Death , Charles Harpur
- 26. Change , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 27. I Wish It Would Change , Tiara Neal
- 28. "Welcome" Change , Pat Richards
- 29. Change. , Pissed Off
- 30. Butterfly, The Creature Of Change And Su.. , Aisha Sherazi
- 31. (620) Menopause-A Change Of Life , Melvina Germain
- 32. (((((Wind Of Change))))) , Lillian Jamison
- 33. ** Seasons Change. , Shelley L Baxter
- 34. Change, The Inevitable. , Jake Harris
- 35. I Love You As You Are - Now Change , Flying Lemming
- 36. Change , Muriel Stuart
- 37. Sonnet: God’s Love And Scriptures- Will .. , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 38. Time For A Change , Linda Ori
- 39. The Change , Anne Kingsmill Finch
- 40. Pollution And Climate Change , Michael Shepherd
- 41. A Positive Change , Seema Chowdhury
- 42. Me, Change! Me, Alter! , Emily Dickinson
- 43. (landscapes Collection) .... A Change Of.. , Janice Windle
- 44. No Notice Gave She, But A Change , Emily Dickinson
- 45. Sea Change , Robert William Service
- 46. A Change Of Luck , Theresa Ann Moore
- 47. Change Me O God , Jennie Nguyen
- 48. Slight Change , Doom and Gloom
- 49. The Change , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 50. A Better Change Or Bitter Change? , Ramesh T A
New Change Poems
- Change Singes Inertia, John Sensele
- Change The Change, Valentine Mbagu
- Something I Have Learned, Amri Ramsey
- Let True Love Remain Immortal, Nikhil Parekh
- Heat On Iceberg, Ede Matthew
- Time Not Change, Jackson Wings
- Real Change Happens, Anthony Cavuoti
- Change, Lekan Malik
- The Myth Of Keeping Universal Time (Opin.., Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Change, Vani Agarwal
- carpe diem