Change Poems - Poems For Change - Elegy Iii: Change
Poems about change. You can read the best change poems. Browse through all change poems.
Elegy Iii: Change - Poem by John Donne
Although thy hand and faith, and good works too,
Have seal'd thy love which nothing should undo,
Yea though thou fall back, that apostasy
Confirm thy love; yet much, much I fear thee.
Women are like the Arts, forc'd unto none,
Open to'all searchers, unpriz'd, if unknown.
If I have caught a bird, and let him fly,
Another fouler using these means, as I,
May catch the same bird; and, as these things be,
Women are made for men, not him, nor me.
Foxes and goats; all beasts change when they please,
Shall women, more hot, wily, wild then these,
Be bound to one man, and did Nature then
Idly make them apter to endure than men?
They are our clogges, not their owne; if a man be
Chain'd to a galley, yet the galley is free;
Who hath a plow-land, casts all his seed corn there,
And yet allows his ground more corn should bear;
Though Danuby into the sea must flow,
The sea receives the Rhene, Volga, and Po.
By nature, which gave it, this liberty
Thou lov'st, but Oh! canst thou love it and me?
Likeness glues love: Then if so thou do,
To make us like and love, must I change too?
More than thy hate, I hate it, rather let me
Allow her change, then change as oft as she,
And so not teach, but force my opinion
To love not any one, nor every one.
To live in one land is captivity,
To run all countries, a wild roguery;
Waters stink soon, if in one place they bide,
And in the vast sea are worse putrified:
But when they kiss one bank, and leaving this
Never look back, but the next bank do kiss,
Then are they purest; Change is the nursery
Of music, joy, life, and eternity.
Comments about Elegy Iii: Change by John Donne
Poems About Change
- 1. Change Upon Change , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 2. Change , Kathleen Jessie Raine
- 3. A Change Of Menu , Banjo Paterson
- 4. Sonnet 123: No, Time, Thou Shalt Not Boa.. , William Shakespeare
- 5. I Cannot Change, As Others Do , Lord John Wilmot
- 6. Change , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 7. It Will Not Change , Sara Teasdale
- 8. Elegy Iii: Change , John Donne
- 9. Sonnet: Change You Can But… , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 10. The Course Of Life, Time, And Events And.. , Merlin Archivilla
- 11. Welcome Change , Gina Whitacre
- 12. Why Flowers Change Colour , Robert Herrick
- 13. Villanelle Of Change , Edwin Arlington Robinson
- 14. Change , Raymond Knister
- 15. Change Should Breed Change , William Henry Drummond
- 16. A Change Of Air , Clarence Michael James Stani ..
- 17. A Prayer For Change , Linda Ori
- 18. Change And Death , Charles Harpur
- 19. Modern Love X: But Where Began The Change , George Meredith
- 20. Constancy In Change , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 21. Winds Of Change , asma bahrainwala
- 22. Chance And Change , Esther Leclerc
- 23. ’tis Time For A Change Of Heart! , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 24. I Cannot Change, As Others Do , John Wilmot
- 25. Everything That Will Not Change , Amberlee Carter
- 26. Change , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 27. I Wish It Would Change , Tiara Neal
- 28. "Welcome" Change , Pat Richards
- 29. Change. , Pissed Off
- 30. Butterfly, The Creature Of Change And Su.. , Aisha Sherazi
- 31. (620) Menopause-A Change Of Life , Melvina Germain
- 32. (((((Wind Of Change))))) , Lillian Jamison
- 33. ** Seasons Change. , Shelley L Baxter
- 34. Change, The Inevitable. , Jake Harris
- 35. I Love You As You Are - Now Change , Flying Lemming
- 36. Change , Muriel Stuart
- 37. Sonnet: God’s Love And Scriptures- Will .. , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 38. Time For A Change , Linda Ori
- 39. The Change , Anne Kingsmill Finch
- 40. Pollution And Climate Change , Michael Shepherd
- 41. A Positive Change , Seema Chowdhury
- 42. (landscapes Collection) .... A Change Of.. , Janice Windle
- 43. Sea Change , Robert William Service
- 44. A Change Of Luck , Theresa Ann Moore
- 45. Change Me O God , Jennie Nguyen
- 46. The Change , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 47. Me, Change! Me, Alter! , Emily Dickinson
- 48. No Notice Gave She, But A Change , Emily Dickinson
- 49. Change , Otteri Selvakumar
- 50. * Talk-Change (Haiku) * , Shadigo Claws
New Change Poems
- Change Singes Inertia, John Sensele
- Change The Change, Valentine Mbagu
- Something I Have Learned, Amri Ramsey
- Let True Love Remain Immortal, Nikhil Parekh
- Heat On Iceberg, Ede Matthew
- Time Not Change, Jackson Wings
- Real Change Happens, Anthony Cavuoti
- Change, Lekan Malik
- The Myth Of Keeping Universal Time (Opin.., Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Change, Vani Agarwal
- carpe diem