Car Poems - Poems For Car
Poems about car. You can read the best car poems. Browse through all car poems.
337.THE UNDERGROUND CARPARK
This place is the darkest of dark and the blackest of black
as I look all around after just reversing back.
I parked here because it’s usually a secure well lit car park,
but the lights are off and I’m in the dark.
I’ll switch off my lights I don’t want to cause undue attention down here,
and I’ll just sit back and wait for the ceiling lights to reappear.
I’ve been waiting for a good fifteen minutes and still there’s no light,
isn’t it odd how these things always happen at night.
With my window half open I can hear unusual noises that I haven’t heard before.
Now I can hear something heavy being dragged along the floor.
How can the makers of these noises see what they are doing in the dark?
It’s certainly unnerving; I wish more vehicles would enter the car park,
I feel tempted to turn on all my car’s lights and the main beam,
but that would show my whereabouts, and allow me to be seen.
I think that I had better shut my window and secure all the doors
I don’t want to end up being dragged across the floor.
I’ll just try and stay calm by taking deep breaths, and closing my eyes.
What was that..? Something has rubbed against my cars near side.
It shook the whole of the car; oh why can’t I vanish and be elsewhere?
Something else has just passed through my car as I was sitting here.
It’s time to get out of here fast, I’ve had enough of this dark,
but my lights won’t come on and my engine won’t start.
God, I’m stuck with no apparent way of getting out of here,
it’s gone quiet and still, and perhaps there’s nothing to fear.
The car has shook and I think someone or something’s on the roof,
no one would believe this; they just wouldn’t believe the truth.
I can’t believe that this sort of thing could actually happen,
it’s straight out of a movie set of New York and Manhattan.
The car is still and what was on the roof seems to have gone,
again I’ve tried my ignition and lights, but they won’t come on.
I’ve never before been in a dark space for this amount of time
and I’m seeing shades of black as though I’m not quite blind.
I swear a greyish figure flashed by in front of my car,
but I can’t be sure, it’s impossible to see that far.
There was definitely something there, it flashed by again
and one passed in the rear view mirror exactly the same.
What a time for my lights to fail and the engine not to start?
This is supernatural and definitely a world apart.
Despite everything I’ve got to stay calm and do nothing untoward,
so I’ll slowly remove the flashlight from the car’s dashboard.
As I switch on the flashlight I scanned around the other parked cars
and inside them are ghostly white figures covered with scars.
When I shine the light into their faces they turn and point at me,
as if they were giving me a warning of how things will be.
I immediately tried to turn on my engine and lights once more,
then the car park lights came on, and lit up the roof and floor.
The ghostly images all vanished from the cars and from sight,
and I decided I no longer wanted to park here tonight. read more »
338.Haiku # 12
339.The Colour Of Cars
Cars parked in metallic rows
Like words stacked up in prose
But only blacks and reds and greys
Not many colours to choose from nowadays read more »
340.I Just Need Some Old Cars
Tell me are these problems Heaven sent,
Or just another way to make me Hell bent?
You know what, I don't even care
I just wanna go somewhere read more »
341.Raul (w/ english translation)
pinalad sa ibang bayan
bumili ng bagong bahay read more »
342.A Crash In The Night
Waking up at night to the sound of panic in my mother's voice.
She's says stuff to herself, something about her car, and then I hear the door open and close.
I lay in bed silent as the night, thinking of what happened.
I then hear the sound of police and ambulance vehicles. read more »
Where the car was chasing other cars
As seen on the silver screen for $12.50 per adult
In the Big Apple read more »
Margret's rearview mirror rosary swayed,
as her wrinkled car filed into the lot,
falling in step to the airy chant
of those black crows atop the belfry. read more »
345.Chasing a Dried Leaf Down the Freeway
I chased a dried leaf on the freeway,
The long and twisty freeway of fun.
This dry leaf knew no speed limit,
Nor laws of the road, over which many cars would run. read more »
346.The Awful Dance (Revised)
I changed into a road-hog today, became guilty
when a black car swept into the right lane where
I drove peacefully in a Zen trance - then slowed,
other cars passed on the left, this unleashed my read more »
New Car Poems
- Stolen Vehicles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MG CLUB, lee fones
- Automobile, Star E. Sky
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- Car Wars, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Car is taking me, gajanan mishra
- On the Road., Stuart Miers
- See my car, gajanan mishra
- Automobile, Meredith Sheives
- Tell the driver, gajanan mishra
- Kasturi's Car, Saiom Shriver
- Car is here, gajanan mishra
- Lyrics/Fast Car/ Tracy Chapman, Lilyann Monahan
- Cars, Diane Hine
- Whirrrrrrrr - Cars! ! !, Vera Sidhwa
- My car, gajanan mishra
- Marlowe, Marcel Aouizerate
- Far too many enemies were coffined (Cate.., Gert Strydom
- Lone Car, Kelly Zion
- Lucre, Joshua Tesha
- Car, ajay srivastava
- Rocket Race Car, chester wellborn
- Cars, Matt Owen
- A car is just a car, Harshit Agrawal
- That's The Sum Of It, David Ignatow
- Achilles, Pete Rivera
- Knocked And Ran, Aziz Ahmad 'Aziz Moradabadi'
- In a Train-Car to the Moon With You, Seth Proch
- NAPELTON’S HYUNDAI IS THE BEST, Christina Sunrise
- Drag Race, Donald Duty 2nd
- The Positive and the Negative Charges, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fast Car, Jamie Drake
- Hangers, Dallin Bruun
- Pick Up, Adrian Cox
- Motor Mischief, Flying Lemming
- A car, Mr. Bean
- The Storm Nursery, sheena blackhall
- Dim And Divine, Naveed Akram
- Ecrit au bas d'un crucifix, Victor Marie Hugo
- The Scratch Preached, Sameer Daniel Gardner
- GHOSTS INSIDE THE ENGINE OF MY CAR, Aldo Kraas
- The Crash, Corey Fauchon
- A Bomb as a Fractal Poem, William Cavanagh
- Without a car in Pretoria, Gert Strydom
- The Car Problem, Deepta Protik Osman
- Apple and Ball, DILIPBHASKER MATHRA
- Wreck Site, Daniel Richards
- Fast Cars, Naveed Akram
- Tata Nano – the Car for All!, Dr John Celes
- A Fun Fill Car Ride Late In The Night, josephine lee
- The Three Cylinder Car That could, Mimie Durand
- KNOCKED AND RAN, aziz ahmad
- In The Car Lot, Matt Matherne
- War Widow, David E. Oprava
- A WORLD WAITS FOR YOU, Aldo Kraas
- The Near-Accident 7.31.2008, Margaret Alice
- Used Car Sales People, Francis Duggan
- You Feel The World's Against You, Francis Duggan
- A beautiful scenery of relation, sarwar chowdhury
- Relative Happiness, Palas Kumar Ray
- Happy Dog 2, Flying Lemming
- Boy in the car..., Maneshree Govender
- Cars, Sean Bitikofer
- Car Crash by Matt Nathanson, Frankie Renae
- The 'Poem A Day' Project ~ Day 234, Flying Lemming
- On a damp Foggy day (2007), Lillian B. Rose
- The 'Poem A Day' Project ~ Day 218, Flying Lemming
- Junky Car, Mercedes Zoller
- Car-washers, Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
- The game, otteri selvakumar
- Career, Hans Ostrom
- The Angel Sent to Me, Janice M Pickett
- On Lillian Way, Theresa Haffner
- Used Car Lot, TR Jones
- carpe diem