Candy Poems - Poems For Candy
Poems about candy. You can read the best candy poems. Browse through all candy poems.
A Black And White And Right - Poem by Ron Stock
In an attic fort of wooden crates, pine shelves and fishing poles
covered by dusty curtains and blankets in greens and golds,
my childhood sweetheart and I often played doctor and nurse,
unaware we were sowing the seeds of a lifelong addictive curse.
I couldn’t resist exploring the skin of her body with my eyes,
or running my hands and fingers up and down her tender thighs.
One this warm morning we were both naked from head to toe
when the voice of Karen's mom yelled up from the kitchen below,
'It's waaaaay too quiet up there. I think you to go outside and play.”
So we put on our clothes, descended the stairs and greeted a sunny day.
Hand in hand we skipped down the drive to the sidewalk near the street
and happened upon two neighborhood boys eating from a bag of sweets.
'Give us some candy. I want your candy.' I said in a demanding tone,
but the oldest boy, holding the bag, looked at me and said, 'No! '
So I tightened my fist and plastered him hard, right across the face,
and he dropped his bag and ran like hell, so why should I give chase?
Because at my feet, scattered about, were luscious candies of all kinds,
so on mints, chocolates, suckers and gums Karen and I now dined.
Contented souls, we strolled up the sidewalk heading for my home.
Life was good, all was well, we were ready to face the unknown.
Until a car stopped at the curb near us; a black and white and right,
with a bubble near it's widow's peak, flashing a bright red light.
Then a policeman waved at me and said, “Please come over here son.”
That is when I walked to the window and noticed the big shotgun
propped against the dashboard and then he looked straight at me,
“A mother called to complain, son. Where'd you get that bag of candy? ”
I sat between the two big cops, the shotgun nearly touching my feet,
as they drove me home to see my dad, where I would likely meet,
the firm strap of a man possessed of too much anger from his past,
and the cold heart of a boy possessed, of love that he hoped would last.
Comments about A Black And White And Right by Ron Stock
Poems About Candy
- 1. A Black And White And Right , Ron Stock
- 2. Women Are Like Candy , Michael Emine
- 3. Sweet Thoughts (A Child's Verse) , Cheryl Lynn Moyer Peele
- 4. The Tragic Life Of Tragedy , TALAL KASSAD
- 5. Candy At Night (Attempted Humor) , Sarah Sisson
- 6. Imaginary , Adam Zank
- 7. Madamn Can Penname C , Candice Renae Williams
- 8. Sweet Heart , xxx Injection Of Madness xxx
- 9. Candy Candy Candy , sherif monem
- 10. Candy 2 , Michael P. McParland
- 11. Another Life 6 , Charles Chaim Wax
- 12. Her Candy Cotton Kiss , Bradley Lester
- 13. Two Unpublished Authors , Charles Chaim Wax
- 14. The Land Of Candy , Madison Julius Cawein
- 15. Another Life 5 , Charles Chaim Wax
- 16. Persian Dreams , Liilia Talts Morrison
- 17. Traveling Is A Candy , Marilyn Jean
- 18. In That Slum Of A Neighbourhood , Patrick White
- 19. Those Ineluctable Sticky Spots , Delilah Miller
- 20. Seven For Npm , Charles Hice
- 21. 'There Are Tricks In The Treats! ' , Linda Winchell
- 22. The Candy Lady , Randy McClave
- 23. The Halloween Dentist (Re-Post) , Herbert Nehrlich
- 24. Children Are Our Future , Sidi J. Mahtrow
- 25. The Parish Carnival , Donal Mahoney
- 26. A Nude Picture , Edward Kofi Louis
- 27. Which Flower Is This , Robert Rorabeck
- 28. Bitter Sweet , Leslie Alexis
- 29. Everyday Life And Chocolate , oskar hansen
- 30. On The Absence Of His Love , Luis Estable
- 31. Kiss Me Big , Luis Estable
- 32. Scar Of Scars , Is It Poetry
- 33. The Candy The Candidate Ate , C Richard Miles
- 34. Haiku - On The Chin , Dagmara Anna AuraDagimar
- 35. Those That Serve The Public... , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 36. Naresh , Edward Kofi Louis
- 37. Some Just Want What They See , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 38. Cotton Candy , Theresa Ann Moore
- 39. One Left. , Terry Collett
- 40. Jelly Beans , Joseph T. Renaldi
- 41. Childhood Halloweens , Walterrean Salley
- 42. I Think It Sweet , Luis Estable
- 43. Man And Bottle , Francis Duggan
- 44. Definitivesound , Charles Hice
- 45. Sunday Morning , Francis Santaquilani
- 46. Title , Charles Hice
- 47. Kicks-Cauchy3 , cheung shun sang
- 48. Pure Desire , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 49. 'Four Witches From Nowishes' , Linda Winchell
- 50. Cascade Lace [rev.] , Margaret Alice Second
New Candy Poems
- The Boy Who Lives Down The Hill. Part.Tw.., Paola Degli Esposti
- Candy 2, Michael P. McParland
- Candy, Michael P. McParland
- The Day After Trick Or Treating., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unwrap My Candy Version 2, Paula Glynn
- Halloween!, Ronald Chapman
- Candy, laxami Cards
- You'Ve Got To Love Candy Bars, Paula Glynn
- Candy Castle, Lianah Quero
- Kokology 10, Hajime Midori
- carpe diem