Beautiful Poems - Poems For Beautiful - Beautiful Edinburgh
Poems about beautiful. You can read the best beautiful poems. Browse through all beautiful poems.
Beautiful Edinburgh - Poem by William Topaz McGonagall
Beautiful city of Edinburgh, most wonderful to be seen,
With your ancient palace of Holyrood and Queen's Park Green,
And your big, magnificent, elegant New College,
Where people from all nations can be taught knowledge.
The New College of Edinburgh is certainly very grand
Which I consider to be an honour to fair Scotland,
Because it's the biggest in the world, without any doubt,
And is most beautiful in the inside as well as out.
And the Castle is wonderful to look upon,
Which has withstood many angry tempests in years bygone;
And the rock it's built upon is rugged and lovely to be seen
When the shrubberies surrounding it are blown full green.
Morningside is lovely and charming to be seen;
The gardens there are rich with flowers and shrubberies green
And sweet scented perfumes fill the air,
Emanating from the sweet flowers and beautiful plants there.
And as for Braidhill, it's a very romantic spot,
But a fine place to visit when the weather is hot;
There the air is nice and cool, which will help to drive away sorrow
When ye view from its summit the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
And as for the statues, they are very grand-
They cannot be surpassed in any foreign land;
And the scenery is attractive and fascinating to the eye,
And arrests the attention of tourists as they pass by.
Lord Melville's Monument is most elegant to be seen,
Which is situated in St. Andrew's Square, amongst shrubberies green,
Which seems most gorgeous to the eye,
Because it is towering so very high.
The Prince Albert Consort Statue looks very grand,
Especially the granite blocks whereon it doth stand,
Which is admired by all tourists as they pass by,
Because the big granite blocks seem magnificent to the eye.
Princes Street West End Garden Is fascinating to be seen,
With its beautiful big trees and shrubberies green,
And its magnificent water fountain in the valley below
Helps to drive away from the tourist all care and woe.
The Castle Hotel is elegant and grand,
And students visit it from every foreign land,
And the students of Edinburgh often call there
To rest and have luncheon, at a very cheap fare.
Queen Street Garden seems charming to the eye,
And a great boon it is to the tenantry near by,
As they walk along the grand gravel walks near there,
Amongst the big trees and shrubberies, and inhale pure air.
Then, all ye tourists, be advised by me,
Beautiful Edinburgh ye ought to go and see.
It's the only city I know of where ye can wile away the time
By viewing its lovely scenery and statues fine.
Magnificent city of Edinburgh, I must conclude my muse,
But to write in praise of thee I cannot refuse.
I will tell the world boldly without dismay
You have the biggest college in the world at the present day.
Of all the cities in the world, Edinburgh for me;
For no matter where I look, some lovely spot I see;
And for picturesque scenery unrivalled you do stand.
Therefore I pronounce you to be the Pride of Fair Scotland.
Comments about Beautiful Edinburgh by William Topaz McGonagall
Poems About Beautiful
- 1. A Hint At What Is Beautiful? , yoonoos peerbocus
- 2. Maker Of Heaven And Earth (All Things Br.. , Cecil Frances Alexander
- 3. The World Is A Beautiful Place , Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- 4. America The Beautiful , Katharine Lee Bates
- 5. A Beautiful Young Nymph Going To Bed , Jonathan Swift
- 6. Beautiful! , Sylvia Chidi
- 7. Beautiful Women , Walt Whitman
- 8. Gee, You'Re So Beautiful That It's Start.. , Richard Brautigan
- 9. My Dove, My Beautiful One , James Joyce
- 10. Beautiful Old Age , David Herbert Lawrence
- 11. Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World , William Brighty Rands
- 12. Beautiful City , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 13. 04. Beautiful Women , john tiong chunghoo
- 14. The Beautiful Changes , Richard Wilbur
- 15. Sonnet 10 - Yet, Love, Mere Love, Is Bea.. , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 16. Beautiful Lofty Things , William Butler Yeats
- 17. Because You'Re Beautiful , David Taylor
- 18. Weary Not Of Us, For We Are Very Beautiful , Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- 19. The Beautiful Poem , Richard Brautigan
- 20. Gray Is Beautiful , Sandra Fowler
- 21. Cry Beautiful , Summer Sandercox
- 22. A Beautiful Day With My Love...... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 23. On The Portrait Of Two Beautiful Young P.. , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 24. If Only I Could Write A Beautiful Poem , Douglas Carter
- 25. The Beautiful Lawn Sprinkler , Howard Nemerov
- 26. Colorfully Beautiful , Paul Moosberg
- 27. Beautiful Dreamer Serenade , Stephen C. Foster
- 28. Beauty, Beautious, Beautiful , David Taylor
- 29. A Beautiful Day , Charles M Moore
- 30. The Beautiful American Word, Sure , Delmore Schwartz
- 31. The Beautiful Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 32. Beautiful Blue Eyes , Grace Hays
- 33. In A World Of Beautiful Women , Uriah Hamilton
- 34. You Are Beautiful , Fidelis Patronus
- 35. Beautiful Me , Lore Me34
- 36. Beautiful River , Robert Wadsworth Lowry
- 37. Beautiful Aberfoyle , William Topaz McGonagall
- 38. The Two Guides Of Life - The Sublime And.. , Friedrich Schiller
- 39. The Beautiful Mountain Valley... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 40. The Beautiful City Of Perth , William Topaz McGonagall
- 41. Everything Is Beautiful And Cool On A Fr.. , Uriah Hamilton
- 42. The Beautiful Game (Soccer) , Gab Oso
- 43. Beautiful Balmerino , William Topaz McGonagall
- 44. The Beautiful Sun , William Topaz McGonagall
- 45. Song. A Beautiful Mistress. , Thomas Carew
- 46. Love’s Beautiful & Love Untainted & Love.. , Margaret Alice
- 47. Beautiful Monikie , William Topaz McGonagall
- 48. Beautiful Crief , William Topaz McGonagall
- 49. Beautiful Rose , Henry Clay Work
- 50. On A Beautiful Landscape , William Lisle Bowles
New Beautiful Poems
- What A Sling, Sotirios Skoufis
- You Are Beautiful, Doran Ellis
- Beautiful And Ugly, SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- *every Night Before I Retire To The Bed*, Ali Sabry
- *my Wonderful Beauty Princess*, Ali Sabry
- *every Night I Remember You Honey*, Ali Sabry
- Life Is Beautiful, Nikhil Parekh
- The Ultimate Gifts Of The Almighty Lord, Nikhil Parekh
- So Very Beautiful, Michael P. McParland
- Beautiful, RADHASHYAM JANA
- carpe diem