Beautiful Poems - Poems For Beautiful - Beautiful Aberfoyle
Poems about beautiful. You can read the best beautiful poems. Browse through all beautiful poems.
Beautiful Aberfoyle - Poem by William Topaz McGonagall
The mountains and glens of Aberfoyle are beautiful to sight,
Likewise the rivers and lakes are sparkling and bright;
And its woods were frequented by the Lady of the Lake,
And on its Lakes many a sail in her boat she did take.
The scenery there will fill the tourist with joy,
Because 'tis there once lived the bold Rob Roy,
Who spent many happy days with his Helen there,
By chasing the deer in the woods so fair.
The little vale of Aberfoyle and its beautiful river
Is a sight, once seen, forget it you'll never;
And romantic ranges of rock on either side
Form a magnificent background far and wide.
And the numerous lochs there abound with trout
Which can be had for the taking out,
Especially from the Lochs Chon and Ard,
There the angler can make a catch which will his toil reward.
And between the two lochs the Glasgow Water Works are near,
Which convey water of Loch Katrine in copious streams clear
To the inhabitants of the Great Metropolis of the West,
And for such pure water they should think themselves blest.
The oak and birch woods there are beautiful to view,
Also the Ochil hills which are blue in hue,
Likewise the Lake of Menteith can be seen far eastward,
Also Stirling Castle, which long ago the English beseiged very hard.
Then away to Aberfoyle, Rob Roy's country,
And gaze on the magnificent scenery.
A region of rivers and mountains towering majestically
Which is lovely and fascinating to see.
But no words can describe the beautiful scenery.
Aberfoyle must be visited in order to see,
So that the mind may apprehend its beauties around,
Which will charm the hearts of the visitors I'll be bound.
As for the clachan of aberfoyle, little remains but a hotel,
Which for accomodation which will suit the traveller very well.
And the bedding thereis clean and good,
And good cooks there to cook the food.
Then away to the mountains and lakes of bonnie Aberfoyle,
Ye hard-working sons and daughters of daily toil;
And traverse its heathery mountains and viewits lakes so clear,
When the face of Nature's green in the spring of the year.
Comments about Beautiful Aberfoyle by William Topaz McGonagall
Poems About Beautiful
- 1. A Hint At What Is Beautiful? , yoonoos peerbocus
- 2. The World Is A Beautiful Place , Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- 3. Maker Of Heaven And Earth (All Things Br.. , Cecil Frances Alexander
- 4. America The Beautiful , Katharine Lee Bates
- 5. A Beautiful Young Nymph Going To Bed , Jonathan Swift
- 6. Beautiful! , Sylvia Chidi
- 7. Beautiful Women , Walt Whitman
- 8. My Dove, My Beautiful One , James Joyce
- 9. Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World , William Brighty Rands
- 10. Gee, You'Re So Beautiful That It's Start.. , Richard Brautigan
- 11. Beautiful Old Age , David Herbert Lawrence
- 12. Beautiful City , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 13. 04. Beautiful Women , john tiong chunghoo
- 14. The Beautiful Changes , Richard Wilbur
- 15. Sonnet 10 - Yet, Love, Mere Love, Is Bea.. , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 16. Beautiful Lofty Things , William Butler Yeats
- 17. The Beautiful Poem , Richard Brautigan
- 18. Weary Not Of Us, For We Are Very Beautiful , Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- 19. Because You'Re Beautiful , David Taylor
- 20. Gray Is Beautiful , Sandra Fowler
- 21. A Beautiful Day With My Love...... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 22. If Only I Could Write A Beautiful Poem , Douglas Carter
- 23. Cry Beautiful , Summer Sandercox
- 24. The Beautiful Lawn Sprinkler , Howard Nemerov
- 25. On The Portrait Of Two Beautiful Young P.. , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 26. Beautiful Dreamer Serenade , Stephen C. Foster
- 27. Beauty, Beautious, Beautiful , David Taylor
- 28. Colorfully Beautiful , Paul Moosberg
- 29. A Beautiful Day , Charles M Moore
- 30. The Beautiful Game (Soccer) , Gab Oso
- 31. The Beautiful American Word, Sure , Delmore Schwartz
- 32. The Beautiful Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 33. The Beautiful City Of Perth , William Topaz McGonagall
- 34. The Beautiful Sun , William Topaz McGonagall
- 35. Beautiful Blue Eyes , Grace Hays
- 36. On A Beautiful Landscape , William Lisle Bowles
- 37. In A World Of Beautiful Women , Uriah Hamilton
- 38. You Are Beautiful , Fidelis Patronus
- 39. Beautiful Torquay , William Topaz McGonagall
- 40. Beautiful Me , Lore Me34
- 41. Beautiful River , Robert Wadsworth Lowry
- 42. The Two Guides Of Life - The Sublime And.. , Friedrich Schiller
- 43. The Beautiful Mountain Valley... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 44. Everything Is Beautiful And Cool On A Fr.. , Uriah Hamilton
- 45. Beautiful Balmerino , William Topaz McGonagall
- 46. Beautiful Aberfoyle , William Topaz McGonagall
- 47. Beautiful Death , Lauren Phillips
- 48. Love’s Beautiful & Love Untainted & Love.. , Margaret Alice
- 49. Beautiful Monikie , William Topaz McGonagall
- 50. Beautiful Crief , William Topaz McGonagall
New Beautiful Poems
- What A Sling, Sotirios Skoufis
- Beautiful, Betania ...
- You Are Beautiful, Doran Ellis
- Beautiful And Ugly, SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- *every Night Before I Retire To The Bed*, Ali Sabry
- *my Wonderful Beauty Princess*, Ali Sabry
- *every Night I Remember You Honey*, Ali Sabry
- Life Is Beautiful, Nikhil Parekh
- The Ultimate Gifts Of The Almighty Lord, Nikhil Parekh
- So Very Beautiful, Michael P. McParland
- carpe diem