Beautiful Poems - Poems For Beautiful - Beautiful Crief
Poems about beautiful. You can read the best beautiful poems. Browse through all beautiful poems.
Beautiful Crief - Poem by William Topaz McGonagall
Ye lovers of the picturesque, if ye wish to drown your grief,
Take my advice, and visit the ancient town of Crieff;
The climate is bracing, and the walks lovely to see.
Besides, ye can ramble over the district, and view the beautiful scenery.
The town is admirably situated from the cold winter winds,
And the visitors, during their stay there, great comfort finds,
Because there is boating and fishing, and admission free,
Therefore they can enjoy themselves right merrily.
There is also golf courses, tennis greens, and good roads,
Which will make the travelling easier to tourists with great loads,
And which will make the bicyclists' hearts feel gay,
Because they have everything there to make an enjoyable holiday.
The principal river there is the Earn, rolling on its way,
And which flows from Loch Earn, and joins the silvery Tay
Above Newburgh, after a course of more than thirty miles;
And as the tourist views the scene with joy he smiles.
The princely domain of Drummond Castle is most beautiful to be seen,
Especially when the woody landscape is blown full green,
And from the entrance gate to the castle an avenue extends all the way,
And to view the branches of the frees interlacing makes the heart feel gay.
Drummond Castle's flowery gardens are really very grand;
They cannot be surpassed in Great Britain,
And in the summer-time the bee and the butterfly are there on the wing,
And with the carolling of birds the gardens doth ring.
And from Knock Hill on the north and west,
The view from its summit is considered the best;
Because the Grampians and the Ochils can be seen,
While the beautiful rich fertile valley lies between.
And there are many seats where the weary traveller can rest,
And there is also a fountain of water, the very best,
While visitors can drink of while resting there,
And gaze on the magnificent scenery and inhale the pure air.
Then there's Lady Mary's Walk near the Bridge of Turret,
Which I hope visitors will go and see and not forget,
Because near by grows a magnificent oak most lovely to see,
Which is known by the name of Eppie Callum's Tree.
And at each end of this walk the visitors can ascend Laggan Hill,
And as they view the woods and fields with joy their hearts
And they will find seats plenteous on this elevated bower,
On which they may rest and wile away the hour.
The Hydropathic is situated on an eminence most grand,
And is one of the largest buildings in fair Scotland;
And capable of accommodating five hundred visitors, who often call there,
To recuperate their health and breathe the fragrant air.
Then there's Abercairny, which is most beautiful to view,
And Her Majesty the Queen visited the grounds in 1842;
And the park and the trees has the aspect of a southern scene,
And the lovely appearance of it gladdened the heart of our Queen.
Then there's the village of Foulis, which tourists ought to see,
Because the scenery there is charming and pretty;
And there's a sycamore tree there that was planted 300 years ago,
And I'm sure the sight thereof will please both high and low.
Therefore, in conclusion, to all lovers of the beautiful I will say,
If ye really wish to spend an enjoyable holiday,
I would recommend Crieff for lovely scenery and pure air;
Besides, the climate gives health to many visitors during their stay there.
Comments about Beautiful Crief by William Topaz McGonagall
Poems About Beautiful
- 1. A Hint At What Is Beautiful? , yoonoos peerbocus
- 2. The World Is A Beautiful Place , Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- 3. Maker Of Heaven And Earth (All Things Br.. , Cecil Frances Alexander
- 4. A Beautiful Young Nymph Going To Bed , Jonathan Swift
- 5. America The Beautiful , Katharine Lee Bates
- 6. Beautiful! , Sylvia Chidi
- 7. Beautiful Women , Walt Whitman
- 8. Great, Wide, Beautiful, Wonderful World , William Brighty Rands
- 9. Beautiful Old Age , David Herbert Lawrence
- 10. Beautiful City , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 11. My Dove, My Beautiful One , James Joyce
- 12. Gee, You'Re So Beautiful That It's Start.. , Richard Brautigan
- 13. 04. Beautiful Women , john tiong chunghoo
- 14. Beautiful Lofty Things , William Butler Yeats
- 15. The Beautiful Changes , Richard Wilbur
- 16. Sonnet 10 - Yet, Love, Mere Love, Is Bea.. , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 17. Because You'Re Beautiful , David Taylor
- 18. Weary Not Of Us, For We Are Very Beautiful , Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- 19. The Beautiful Poem , Richard Brautigan
- 20. Gray Is Beautiful , Sandra Fowler
- 21. On The Portrait Of Two Beautiful Young P.. , Gerard Manley Hopkins
- 22. A Beautiful Day With My Love...... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 23. Cry Beautiful , Summer Sandercox
- 24. If Only I Could Write A Beautiful Poem , Douglas Carter
- 25. The Beautiful Lawn Sprinkler , Howard Nemerov
- 26. Colorfully Beautiful , Paul Moosberg
- 27. Beautiful Dreamer Serenade , Stephen C. Foster
- 28. Beauty, Beautious, Beautiful , David Taylor
- 29. The Beautiful American Word, Sure , Delmore Schwartz
- 30. A Beautiful Day , Charles M Moore
- 31. The Beautiful Game (Soccer) , Gab Oso
- 32. Beautiful Blue Eyes , Grace Hays
- 33. The Beautiful Night , Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- 34. In A World Of Beautiful Women , Uriah Hamilton
- 35. You Are Beautiful , Fidelis Patronus
- 36. Beautiful Me , Lore Me34
- 37. Beautiful River , Robert Wadsworth Lowry
- 38. The Two Guides Of Life - The Sublime And.. , Friedrich Schiller
- 39. On A Beautiful Landscape , William Lisle Bowles
- 40. The Beautiful Mountain Valley... , Ravi Sathasivam
- 41. The Beautiful City Of Perth , William Topaz McGonagall
- 42. Everything Is Beautiful And Cool On A Fr.. , Uriah Hamilton
- 43. Beautiful Edinburgh , William Topaz McGonagall
- 44. Beautiful Balmerino , William Topaz McGonagall
- 45. The Beautiful Sun , William Topaz McGonagall
- 46. Beautiful Aberfoyle , William Topaz McGonagall
- 47. Love’s Beautiful & Love Untainted & Love.. , Margaret Alice
- 48. Beautiful Monikie , William Topaz McGonagall
- 49. Beautiful Crief , William Topaz McGonagall
- 50. Beautiful Rose , Henry Clay Work
New Beautiful Poems
- Beautiful, Betania ...
- You Are Beautiful, Doran Ellis
- Beautiful And Ugly, SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Life Is Beautiful, Nikhil Parekh
- The Ultimate Gifts Of The Almighty Lord, Nikhil Parekh
- So Very Beautiful, Michael P. McParland
- Beautiful, RADHASHYAM JANA
- Black Is Beautiful, Preston Mwiinga
- A Beautiful Afternoon With The Most Beau.., Michael P. McParland
- Beautiful Evenings With You, Michael P. McParland
- carpe diem