Poem about beach. You can read the best beach poems. Browse through all beach poems.
Since first the White Horse Banner blew free,
By Hengist's horde unfurled,
Nothing has changed on land or sea
Of the things that steer the world.
(As it was when the long-ships scudded through the gale
So it is where the Liners go.)
Time and Tide, they are both in a tale--
"Woe to the weaker -- woe! "
No charm can bridle the hard-mouthed wind
Or smooth the fretting swell.
No gift can alter the grey Sea's mind,
But she serves the strong man well.
(As it is when her uttermost deeps are stirred
So it is where the quicksands show,)
All the waters have but one word--
"Woe to the weaker -- woe! "
The feast is ended, the tales are told,
The dawn is overdue,
And we meet on the quay in the whistling cold
Where the galley waits her crew.
Out with the torches, they have flared too long,
And bid the harpers go.
Wind and warfare have but one song--
"Woe to the weaker -- woe!"
Hail to the great oars gathering way,
As the beach begins to slide!
Hail to the war-shields' click and play
As they lift along our side!
Hail to the first wave over the bow--
Slow for the sea-stroke! Slow!--
All the benches are grunting now:--
"Woe to the weaker -- woe!" read more »
26.The Beach Of Shells
There is a beach upon a western shore
Which those who know it call the Beach of Shells,
For there the secret tides conspire to pour read more »
27.The Florida Beach
Our drift-wood fire burns drowsily,
The fog hangs low afar,
A thousand sea-birds fearlessly
Hover above the bar; read more »
Squat, unshaven, full of gas,
Joseph Samuels, former clerk
in four large cities, out of work,
waits in the darkened underpass. read more »
29.My Garden—like the Beach
My Garden—like the Beach—
Denotes there be—a Sea— read more »
30.Mulla Mulla Beach
Before the sea stops a long mile out
I hear the blades of fishermen scotching the rocks
and their reels beginning to grind like bicycle gears. read more »
How do you beach?
Sorry, don't want to get
Too personal read more »
Maybe it is the memories
the change of pace that brings us there
the sense of vacation read more »
33.Twilight on the Beach
The crimson glory of the setting sun
Hath lain a moment on the ocean's breast,
Till twilight shadows, gathering one by one, read more »
34.While Strolling Down the Beach Today
While strolling down the beach today
I came upon a lamp.
It was dusty, it was dirty,
it was dingy, it was damp. read more »
I’m a happy dog at the beach
If I had the power of speech
I would tell you all
To throw my ball read more »
36.A Paumanok Picture
TWO boats with nets lying off the sea-beach, quite still,
Ten fishermen waiting--they discover a thick school of mossbonkers--
they drop the join'd seine-ends in the water,
The boats separate and row off, each on its rounding course to the read more »
New Beach Poems
- I Saw In a Cape Dressed, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The beach and sea shore, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Hippies on the Beach, Deborah Eker
- Beach, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life Is A Beach, david kush
- One Single Black Grain, Noah Body
- Beach, Beach, gajanan mishra
- On The Beach, gajanan mishra
- A snail on the beach, Bharat Mehru
- On The Winter Beach, Suchoon Mo_
- OUR DAY AT BEACH, Maalavika Menon
- Bahia de Cochinos, Nicholas Peter
- Beach, Naveed Akram
- One With Shore, Holly Jamestone
- Beach Bonfire Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Beached Upon Shore, Wayne Falconer
- Moments At The Beach, Michael Peterson
- Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Batu Ferring.., john tiong chunghoo
- My heart and her heart, chelliah pandian
- Old Age, Parithi Muthurasan
- Y... Elegant Violence, Aufie Zophy
- On that Beach, Lili Freebird
- the sea, Matthew Smi
- On This Beach..., Dark Fallout
- Lovely Girls Lying Stretched Out Everywh.., Gert Strydom
- Rainy beach times , kevin glenn
- X..... Amazing Dance, Aufie Zophy
- Glass Beach, Adi Cox
- SOUL SURFER, Aldo Kraas
- Glass Beach, Adrian Cox
- The Chosen One, Juan Olivarez
- Blood Beach, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- ON A ROCKY BEACH, Aldo Kraas
- Show It At The Beach, Shel Silverstein
- While in Goa!, REETESH SABR
- I COULD SPEND MY ENTIRE DAY HERE, Aldo Kraas
- I Am The Beach..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- HANLAN'S POINT SUITE, Aldo Kraas
- Under A Blanket Of Stars..., (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Under A Blanket Of Stars, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- The Power Of The Beach, (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- Sandy Thoughts, Vinh Nguyen
- Summer fun at the Beach, Attalia Gooden
- Travel Haiku - Route Six California (Uni.., john tiong chunghoo
- When I walk om Margate’s beach, Gert Strydom
- beach, Ron St Jean
- We walked on the beach, Gert Strydom
- Shell in the Beach, maria sudibyo
- Beach Wet, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- beach, Darryl K. Porter
- summer, chris reeder
- Travel Indonesia Haiku - Batam Beach Vie.., john tiong chunghoo
- I Miss The Beach, Kimbaline Navas (she who wai ..
- Renda Writer - The Beach, Renda Writer
- Travel Haiku - Miami Beaches (State of F.., john tiong chunghoo
- HERE, nice pinky
- Travel Haiku - St John, Virgin Islands, john tiong chunghoo
- Video recall, Robert Melliard
- .4. Seaside Pleasure, David Threadgold www.david ..
- At the Beach, Khalid Icanttellyou
- Last Split Second, Jilted BUTTERFLY
- RICHCOAST, SUBHAXA BOLNECAR
- SO CLOSE, Aldo Kraas
- Honeyed, Selenaru Negrea
- Travel Haiku - Harbour Island (Eleuthera.., john tiong chunghoo
- ! Karwar Nature's Paradise, Vidyadhara ...
- The Return Of The Curlews, Francis Duggan
- Happy Dog, Flying Lemming
- Memories Of The Beach, David Taylor
- Travel Haiku - Pawleys Island (South Car.., john tiong chunghoo
- Beach Of Dreams, David Harris
- Santa Monica Mountains..Kanan Dume, James B. Earley
- At Inverloch, Francis Duggan
- Aditi in a Dream at Wollongong (A Poem f.., Sunil Uniyal
- carpe diem