Poem about africa. You can read the best africa poems. Browse through all africa poems.
1.A Far Cry From Africa
A wind is ruffling the tawny pelt
Of Africa, Kikuyu, quick as flies,
Batten upon the bloodstreams of the veldt.
Corpses are scattered through a paradise.
Only the worm, colonel of carrion, cries:
'Waste no compassion on these separate dead!'
Statistics justify and scholars seize
The salients of colonial policy.
What is that to the white child hacked in bed?
To savages, expendable as Jews?
Threshed out by beaters, the long rushes break
In a white dust of ibises whose cries
Have wheeled since civilizations dawn
>From the parched river or beast-teeming plain.
The violence of beast on beast is read
As natural law, but upright man
Seeks his divinity by inflicting pain.
Delirious as these worried beasts, his wars
Dance to the tightened carcass of a drum,
While he calls courage still that native dread
Of the white peace contracted by the dead.
Again brutish necessity wipes its hands
Upon the napkin of a dirty cause, again
A waste of our compassion, as with Spain,
The gorilla wrestles with the superman.
I who am poisoned with the blood of both,
Where shall I turn, divided to the vein?
I who have cursed
The drunken officer of British rule, how choose
Between this Africa and the English tongue I love?
Betray them both, or give back what they give?
How can I face such slaughter and be cool?
How can I turn from Africa and live? read more »
2.Harlem [Dream Deferred]
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun? read more »
3.A Memorial of Africa
Upon a rock I sat-a mountain-side,
Far, far forsaken of the old sea's lip; read more »
4.A Toast To Africa
From a goblet of rarest and richest red gold,
Encrusted with jewels of value untold, read more »
Childhood rememberances are
always a drag if you're Black read more »
6.A Negro Love Song
Seen my lady home las' night,
Jump back, honey, jump back.
Hel' huh han' an' sque'z it tight,
Jump back, honey, jump back. read more »
7.An Echo from Africa
Da ruction happen by Nicko's place
Las' week, in da deada da night.
Da copper he very near cop da case
Accounta da fish-shop fight read more »
8.Homage to My Hips
these hips are big hips.
they need space to
move around in.
they don't fit into little read more »
9.An African Elegy
In the groves of Africa from their natural wonder
the wildebeest, zebra, the okapi, the elephant, read more »
A thousand years of darkness in her face,
She turns at last from out the centurys' blight
Of labored moan and dull oppression's might,
To slowly mount the rugged path and trace read more »
11.A Trip Through Africa
All the noises, all the sounds, asleep.
Under seven streams sleeps fear.
And the elephant, so deep in sleep,
That you can sneak up, cut off his ear. read more »
— "mu" fifth part —
His they their
we, their he
his was but if read more »
New Africa Poems
- your beauty is africa, ademola oluwabusayo
- Daughter of Africa 2 - the Director's Cut, Peter Rhodes
- take me to africa i dream of, ademola oluwabusayo
- We Are The Stars Of Africa, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Rhythm Of Africa!, Edward Kofi Louis
- A lament for true heroes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Africa-the-Mermaid-Princess [REV.], Margaret Alice Second
- the new africa, ademola oluwabusayo
- mama africa, Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- Arise and shine africa, Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- Africa, Emmanuel chibuike ikechukwu
- who could cure africa?, ademola oluwabusayo
- hamlet without a prince in africa, ademola oluwabusayo
- Cry of africa, ademola oluwabusayo
- africa, tsholofelo phakathi
- Mother Africa Smiles..., MoonBee Canady
- I Am Africa, Emone Emmanuel
- Zimbabwe 2013, Terry Dawson
- I See Vision, Sandile mngadi.
- AFRICA HAS A SOUL, kemurl fofanah
- Africa, Lunico Nyandu
- Africa, Okechukwu Iroegbu
- Nigeria, Abubakar Abdulkadir
- Face Africa, Charles Jagongo
- I Am Africa, Makabongwe Nkambule
- Different countries, but still children .., Karel Maans
- Rise up Africa, Matt Ancient
- Queen Africa, Ehimika Ehimigbai
- Africa, sallam yassin
- Africa, My Heritage!, Kayode Olubambi
- The Epanders OF Wars, alfusainey Sonko
- The Heart Of Africa, George mwandu
- Oh Africa my Africa, George mwandu
- A Song Of Africa, Efe Benjamin
- Africa, George mwandu
- America of Our Dreams, Efe Benjamin
- Africa, giwa expensive
- I Am An African, Poppie Mira
- Africa, Obi Onyenwe
- ********* Best ********, Senator alufalism
- You did It, Africa, Emmanuel Oduro
- AFRICAN KITCHEN, Ebi Robert
- South Africa Is Also My Country, Gert Strydom
- I see Africa, Senator alufalism
- The african mermaid, Segun Odukoya
- When Will Africa Unite, Bartholomew Arkoh Boamah Sar ..
- My Africa, swabi mnisi
- Africa, Africa ooh Africa, Sally Traore
- Africa with Magic and Miracle, Senator alufalism
- Africa, Olusegun Akanbi
- New Dawn for Africa, Emmanuel Uchechukwu
- Africa and Africa’s, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Image Of Africa, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Black Continent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Africa of My Dream, Efe Benjamin
- Aliquid novi Africa affert - Africa is a.., Juan Ponce de León
- Mama Africa's Identity, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mama Africa Is On The Horizon, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Black Stars of Africa, Dela Bobobee
- Worldcup 2010 southafrica, Baliboola N.ivan
- The Dark Continent, Mthoko Mpofana
- Worms in Africa, Doris Dzameshie
- You Don't Read Africa, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Born In Africa, St Antoine de la Vuadi
- Where Africa is, St Antoine de la Vuadi
- THE PRIDE TO BE AN AFRICAN, Fasan paul
- OUR AFRICA, kelvin karani
- africa, CHINWENDU IBEH
- Thank You My Africa, Julius Adolf
- MOTHER NIGERIA AFRICA?, BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- Why through politics?, Stain Katuli
- Africa's Praying, charles K wanjohi
- AFRICAN SUITE, Aldo Kraas
- No More, kelvin karani
- carpe diem