Lying, breathing, harmless zombie
your rotten heart consumed by fear.
Enslaved by something you can't control
Your attempted escapes always proven to be futile.
How many times?
one? two? one hundred?
It no longer matters.
Crying, hurting, dying zombie
harming no one but yourself.
Slowly and painfully throwing your life away,
await your peace oh hopeless zombie.
Alone in darkness you know it's near.
Close your eyes, breathe it in
let it wash away your fear.
Your decaying body will no longer wander
your rotten heart no longer feels,
but don't you fret oh soulless being.
I know you.
Once a fearless, happy, loving zombie.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zombie by Simply Ruby )
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)