Lying, breathing, harmless zombie
your rotten heart consumed by fear.
Enslaved by something you can't control
Your attempted escapes always proven to be futile.
How many times?
one? two? one hundred?
It no longer matters.
Crying, hurting, dying zombie
harming no one but yourself.
Slowly and painfully throwing your life away,
await your peace oh hopeless zombie.
Alone in darkness you know it's near.
Close your eyes, breathe it in
let it wash away your fear.
Your decaying body will no longer wander
your rotten heart no longer feels,
but don't you fret oh soulless being.
I know you.
Once a fearless, happy, loving zombie.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zombie by Simply Ruby )
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam