Waltz For Zizi
Your Lovely Funeral
We were supposed to fall in love, again and again
in that room.
We were supposed to lock the door and kiss.
We should have never left that room
without a kiss.
I don't belive that we were too young,
we held hands, didn't we?
We shared the same pillow,
we drank from the same bottle,
I gave you my smile, and you gave me yours,
but we still ended up
by giving our love letters to others.
I stopped writing that day when I saw you leaning for his kiss
a year ago.
This is my first time since then, speaking to you.
I'm having trouble sleeping.
Someone else is in my bed, and I don't dare to wake her up,
I think I'll let her have her dream tonight.
Her eyes, I've never seen them open
when kissing me.
I think she loves me, because of that
and I think that I'll tell her, when she wakes up,
that I love her too.
Well, to hell will you and your silence
I've got better things to write about.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Lovely Funeral by Waltz For Zizi )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland
- Stars, Jordan Myrie
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland
- Have Faith, Michael P. McParland
- Grace Me, Michael P. McParland
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland