Waltz For Zizi
Your Lovely Funeral
We were supposed to fall in love, again and again
in that room.
We were supposed to lock the door and kiss.
We should have never left that room
without a kiss.
I don't belive that we were too young,
we held hands, didn't we?
We shared the same pillow,
we drank from the same bottle,
I gave you my smile, and you gave me yours,
but we still ended up
by giving our love letters to others.
I stopped writing that day when I saw you leaning for his kiss
a year ago.
This is my first time since then, speaking to you.
I'm having trouble sleeping.
Someone else is in my bed, and I don't dare to wake her up,
I think I'll let her have her dream tonight.
Her eyes, I've never seen them open
when kissing me.
I think she loves me, because of that
and I think that I'll tell her, when she wakes up,
that I love her too.
Well, to hell will you and your silence
I've got better things to write about.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Lovely Funeral by Waltz For Zizi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- When the Word "Balsa" Becomes .., Virgil Suárez
- Thaw, Virgil Suárez
- Poem to Eliades Ochoa and Cuarteto Patri.., Virgil Suárez
- A Cuban Dream in Three Parts, Virgil Suárez
- OUR WORDS ARE REPEATING OUR ACTIONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dirt Eaters, Virgil Suárez
- Isla, Virgil Suárez
- She's Beautiful, Masereka Amos
- Every One Deceives You, Masereka Amos
- Brueghel In The Hydrangeas, Julie Suk