As I sit here alone I know what I must do;
But when I begin to do it,
I see your kind eyes, the ones that have saved me time and time again-
and I can't.
Though I am old enough to understand what is right,
I am still young enough to make the same mistake time and time again.
I hurt more than anyone gives me credit for,
But it is a silent pain- The most deadly of them all.
Even you don't see it, which tears me more,
And yet, your eyes plead me to forgive you.
And I do.
Because it is with great honor that I can say that I am in love with you.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Sierra Staten )
- कुछ कह नहीं पाता, Aftab Alam
- Jadavpur University Campus A Heaven For .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friends and foes, gajanan mishra
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)