As I sit here alone I know what I must do;
But when I begin to do it,
I see your kind eyes, the ones that have saved me time and time again-
and I can't.
Though I am old enough to understand what is right,
I am still young enough to make the same mistake time and time again.
I hurt more than anyone gives me credit for,
But it is a silent pain- The most deadly of them all.
Even you don't see it, which tears me more,
And yet, your eyes plead me to forgive you.
And I do.
Because it is with great honor that I can say that I am in love with you.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Sierra Staten )
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra