As I sit here alone I know what I must do;
But when I begin to do it,
I see your kind eyes, the ones that have saved me time and time again-
and I can't.
Though I am old enough to understand what is right,
I am still young enough to make the same mistake time and time again.
I hurt more than anyone gives me credit for,
But it is a silent pain- The most deadly of them all.
Even you don't see it, which tears me more,
And yet, your eyes plead me to forgive you.
And I do.
Because it is with great honor that I can say that I am in love with you.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Sierra Staten )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Way You Touch Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever By You, Spiritwind Wood
- Thank You Lord, Kathryn Tyler King
- I Wanted You To Know, Spiritwind Wood
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz