As I sit here alone I know what I must do;
But when I begin to do it,
I see your kind eyes, the ones that have saved me time and time again-
and I can't.
Though I am old enough to understand what is right,
I am still young enough to make the same mistake time and time again.
I hurt more than anyone gives me credit for,
But it is a silent pain- The most deadly of them all.
Even you don't see it, which tears me more,
And yet, your eyes plead me to forgive you.
And I do.
Because it is with great honor that I can say that I am in love with you.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Sierra Staten )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Pact, Ezra Pound
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies