As I sit here alone I know what I must do;
But when I begin to do it,
I see your kind eyes, the ones that have saved me time and time again-
and I can't.
Though I am old enough to understand what is right,
I am still young enough to make the same mistake time and time again.
I hurt more than anyone gives me credit for,
But it is a silent pain- The most deadly of them all.
Even you don't see it, which tears me more,
And yet, your eyes plead me to forgive you.
And I do.
Because it is with great honor that I can say that I am in love with you.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Sierra Staten )
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)