As I sit here alone I know what I must do;
But when I begin to do it,
I see your kind eyes, the ones that have saved me time and time again-
and I can't.
Though I am old enough to understand what is right,
I am still young enough to make the same mistake time and time again.
I hurt more than anyone gives me credit for,
But it is a silent pain- The most deadly of them all.
Even you don't see it, which tears me more,
And yet, your eyes plead me to forgive you.
And I do.
Because it is with great honor that I can say that I am in love with you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -40, Ronjoy Brahma
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson