You Were Here Once
What happened to those days?
When I could hear the sound of your voice
I saw you smile. I stared into your eyes
You were here once, so close, yet so far.
In that land of dreams
It wasn't just a dream, was it?
I let those days slip off my hands
I held you once.
In my dreams
Why did I have to wake?
Now I battle with myself every night.
Trying to dream, the same dream.
Trying to enter the gates to the land where you exist
I stretched out my arms, but I couldn't reach.
It all slips away. The gates won't open
Are you still there? Waiting?
I miss you. Do you miss me?
You were here once, not long ago.
No, you never were. Not here.
Not with me.
But In that land.
That land of dreams
But you were here once
Ninette Gumanda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Were Here Once by Ninette Gumanda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI