You've Captured My Heart
I don't know when it first happened,
when I started to feel this way.
Can't recall these feelings before;
I need you to hear me say
that you've captured my heart,
but you didn't even try
and you probably don't know it.
For when I look into your eyes
there's a warmth and compassion -
I see a person I know is real;
it's not what you do, it's who you are.
I didn't think I could feel
this way about someone, the you
I've come to know as a friend.
I think it's a chance for a beginning,
for something real, not pretend,
for a friendship built from the heart
where there was nothing
but two strangers at the start.
I know that if things work
between us as the friends we've become,
I'm sure that our future as lovers
or friends will give us the freedom
to find our happiness,
hopefully together or maybe apart...
But you don't even know
that you've captured my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You've Captured My Heart by lisa graham )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Leaking Pen
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Kupamanduka, Gopalakrishna Adiga
- An Africa Thunderstorm, David Rubadiri
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph
- Mr. right, hasmukh amathalal