You've Captured My Heart
I don't know when it first happened,
when I started to feel this way.
Can't recall these feelings before;
I need you to hear me say
that you've captured my heart,
but you didn't even try
and you probably don't know it.
For when I look into your eyes
there's a warmth and compassion -
I see a person I know is real;
it's not what you do, it's who you are.
I didn't think I could feel
this way about someone, the you
I've come to know as a friend.
I think it's a chance for a beginning,
for something real, not pretend,
for a friendship built from the heart
where there was nothing
but two strangers at the start.
I know that if things work
between us as the friends we've become,
I'm sure that our future as lovers
or friends will give us the freedom
to find our happiness,
hopefully together or maybe apart...
But you don't even know
that you've captured my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You've Captured My Heart by lisa graham )
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)