You've Captured My Heart
I don't know when it first happened,
when I started to feel this way.
Can't recall these feelings before;
I need you to hear me say
that you've captured my heart,
but you didn't even try
and you probably don't know it.
For when I look into your eyes
there's a warmth and compassion -
I see a person I know is real;
it's not what you do, it's who you are.
I didn't think I could feel
this way about someone, the you
I've come to know as a friend.
I think it's a chance for a beginning,
for something real, not pretend,
for a friendship built from the heart
where there was nothing
but two strangers at the start.
I know that if things work
between us as the friends we've become,
I'm sure that our future as lovers
or friends will give us the freedom
to find our happiness,
hopefully together or maybe apart...
But you don't even know
that you've captured my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You've Captured My Heart by lisa graham )
- Yaddo : The Grand Manor, Sylvia Plath
- Wickerman, Naveed Khalid
- Mussel Hunter At Rock Harbor, Sylvia Plath
- Natural History, Sylvia Plath
- Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- I am interested in meeting one or two En.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Jealous Man (Yet Again), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Inner City Of Simple Life, Naveed Khalid
- On Deck, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)