Waltz For Zizi
You've Been Straying Your Kisses... But Where?
You've been straying your kisses
on the wrong lips
while alone I loved you
more than the sum of them all.
In my bed, you say
you sinned too much, and
you'd like to return, to
the monsters that walked over your red heart.
And your shape cannot return to them
Though they worshiped your nude skin,
My unfolded skinny arms
A long time ago.
today, your heart will only stare
only for them to feel your painted form,
in madness, I'll someday do the same to you.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You've Been Straying Your Kisses... But Where? by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires