You talked to me
You talked to me about the sea...
I thought I was your waves!
You talked to me about the galaxy
I thought I was your universe!
You talked to me about the echo...
I thought I was your voice!
You talked to me about the rose
I thought I was your perfume!
And you talked to me about the distance
I thought I was your longings!
As you continued talking..
my heart couldn't help but overflow
So I poured it freely into your glass
Your sweet words were not meant for me
I watched you casually pour out the glass
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You talked to me by Fatima Nusairat )
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Desperation does what long years Do not .., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Clock Is Fast Turning, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emotions occurrences, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The same going round and round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Stately, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To savor of Fame, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Poet had a blank face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Not happy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The same, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)