'You're Such a Good Listener'
I am the passive ears you seek,
The sullen mind attached to them,
Which seethes, aware you do not
Want to know what issues out of
It, so wholly do you love yourself.
I am the servant, serpentine, and
You're the queen, but you should
Know that servants/serpents rise
And bite such regents when their
Heads are turned, and they, absurdly
Self-absorbed, believe they've
Found the pair of passive ears
They always seek.
Lawrence Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('You're Such a Good Listener' by Lawrence Beck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...