James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
YOU CAN'T WIN... APR 3RD,2013
Apparently some of these pedophile priests are doing fine,
They don’t have to go to the pen and walk the line,
They go to a stash house somewhere out in the woods,
Or maybe another parish far away because they’re not hoods.
But you can’t say this and you can’t say that and if you do; it’s a sin,
And you’ll go down and burn in hell and you can’t win,
We need another Martin Luther but no one will admit it yet,
That’s too controversial and they want to let the scandal set.
And death-with-dignity is definitely a mortal sin,
If the church had its way; you would be in a loony bin,
And canon law – not common law – is the rule of thumb,
Not only will you go to hell but you will be considered scum.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem