You Can't Kill God, but You Can Hide Him!
While driving down country roads
God's beauty, jumps out
and really explodes!
I asked myself who turned the lights on?
Then quickly rephrased it and
realized they are never gone!
The Light always is turned on, in full splendor
WE SHUT IT OUT, layers upon layers then more!
God, The Source, The Big Cheese, The LIGHT!
Gives birth to many, to his/her delight!
A Candle so perfect, it loves to ignite!
Inside of all, BRIGHT, BRIGHT, BRIGHT! ! !
When it does not shine anymore- night
it's simply because
we slammed the door tight!
Layer after layer of black paint and asbestos
We buried the Light, did our very bestest
If the LIGHT is to shine brightly once again,
a peeling, a stripping, a whittling must begin!
It's always there,
just covered in $#! +! ! !
Drop all that crap,
get in touch with it.
All have it deep inside or on surface shining
Pull it out, drop the rest,
time for Divine re-aligning! !
When your Light shines, God is seen!
You'll stand out brightly
no longer mean
Bask in it, lay out,
get a sun burn!
no need to earn!
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Can't Kill God, but You Can Hide Him! by Mr. Nobody )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma