You and I
You and I whether planned or not
have wandered separate ways.
But in all the wandering we forgot
that there’d be kinder days.
Days of simple pleasantries,
days of pain to bear,
days of complicated living,
days we could not share.
And then we came upon a time
that what we thought forgot
was alive and well from memory
whether planned or not.
For fate will have a say in life
and surprise will come to you.
And just when we thought our life was over
we found it was not through.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You and I by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II