You and I
You and I whether planned or not
have wandered separate ways.
But in all the wandering we forgot
that there’d be kinder days.
Days of simple pleasantries,
days of pain to bear,
days of complicated living,
days we could not share.
And then we came upon a time
that what we thought forgot
was alive and well from memory
whether planned or not.
For fate will have a say in life
and surprise will come to you.
And just when we thought our life was over
we found it was not through.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You and I by Edwina Reizer )
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira