Yogi From Trinindad
Yogi is Frankie's nickname, he will be turning 69
Yogi is from Trinidad and lives an interesting life.
Now Yogi betted on Yogi the race horse
that is how he got his nick name
all his friend's call him that at the fun card games.
Living in Trinidad for almost all of his life
a lot of people liked him including his wife.
Then of course don't forget Yogi too
he was a thorough breed through and through.
Then Yogi went to the U S of A
he went with his wife to NYC
and is in Florida till this day.
Yogi has a daughter named Roxanne
she has a son named Carson who is very grand.
Yogi travels on cruise ships and flies on a plane
he visits the Bahamas, St Petersburg but not on a train.
Yogi lived in Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx
that is where he lived with his Aunt.
Suzae Chevalier wishes Yogi a 'Very Happy Birthday! '
Yogi's birthday is on Saturday, December Eighth.
Suzae Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written by Suzae Chevalier on December 6,2012
Comments about this poem (Yogi From Trinindad by Suzae Chevalier )
- Union - within us, gajanan mishra
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
- ONLY YOU JESUS ONLY YOU, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD! WATCHING, TESTING, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD'S TRUTH STANDING, Michael P. Johnson
- play on words, lee fones
- Can we ever love?, Nathaniel Bassey
- Nothing Good, Edwin Cordero
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Racism Haiku - Ice Cream, john tiong chunghoo
- Blah Blah Blank Blank, vincent armone
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)