Yogi From Trinindad
Yogi is Frankie's nickname, he will be turning 69
Yogi is from Trinidad and lives an interesting life.
Now Yogi betted on Yogi the race horse
that is how he got his nick name
all his friend's call him that at the fun card games.
Living in Trinidad for almost all of his life
a lot of people liked him including his wife.
Then of course don't forget Yogi too
he was a thorough breed through and through.
Then Yogi went to the U S of A
he went with his wife to NYC
and is in Florida till this day.
Yogi has a daughter named Roxanne
she has a son named Carson who is very grand.
Yogi travels on cruise ships and flies on a plane
he visits the Bahamas, St Petersburg but not on a train.
Yogi lived in Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx
that is where he lived with his Aunt.
Suzae Chevalier wishes Yogi a 'Very Happy Birthday! '
Yogi's birthday is on Saturday, December Eighth.
Suzae Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written by Suzae Chevalier on December 6,2012
Comments about this poem (Yogi From Trinindad by Suzae Chevalier )
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- يجب أن نقتل الليل, مالك حداد
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Another Day Ends, Damian Murphy
- Energetic Nature, Aftab Alam
- مختارات, سي محند
- Sun and Distance, Beyza Dut
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)