Yet Another Day
The sweat trickled from her face
And the moon cried.
The snow melted down her skin
And the curtains changed pink.
Her chair swung back
And she somersaulted down the way.
The cake boiled and cried
And the muffins held their crumbs about.
The day wasn't at it's usual pace
And the sun's shafts lied.
The ink had turned a young sin
And yet awaited the wear and kink.
The baby weeped and thus I snack
The tears that in sweet salt lay.
And as my spectacles aisled
And the boy discoursed with the lout.
The wind that lay in frilly lace
Bound the moonlight. And tried
To eliminate the dark and win
The mighty water that brink
In bright hue by the shore black
And whom by the say
Of words could pelt stones that fried
Under the sweat in doubt.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yet Another Day by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Oh, never more!, Nero CaroZiv
- Da Monologue [From 'What The Sentinel Sa.., Joseph Archer
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Nothing so upturns creative .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- यादों का आवागमन............, sanjay kumar maurya