Yet Another Day
The sweat trickled from her face
And the moon cried.
The snow melted down her skin
And the curtains changed pink.
Her chair swung back
And she somersaulted down the way.
The cake boiled and cried
And the muffins held their crumbs about.
The day wasn't at it's usual pace
And the sun's shafts lied.
The ink had turned a young sin
And yet awaited the wear and kink.
The baby weeped and thus I snack
The tears that in sweet salt lay.
And as my spectacles aisled
And the boy discoursed with the lout.
The wind that lay in frilly lace
Bound the moonlight. And tried
To eliminate the dark and win
The mighty water that brink
In bright hue by the shore black
And whom by the say
Of words could pelt stones that fried
Under the sweat in doubt.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yet Another Day by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- groundnut seller, umoh cyril
- imoremi, umoh cyril
- Palm's Greeting, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The land of the stars is the land of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- enjoy the silence.... in my fart, Jena Crowe
- Over-Ride, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Song, Blessing Ekpe
- Everyone Asks, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Sooner or later عاجلا ام اجلا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fools Game, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)