Amanda Saveley (December 29,1987 / Omaha, Nebraska)
yeah, I know...
yeah, I know poets
before I started class, I knew
Poe, Dickenson, Shakespeare
but that didn't make me smart
what made me smart was what I learned IN class
all the poets I know now
Gregory Corso, Dominique Garay, Taylor Mali, Bradley Hathaway,
Bill Kloefkorn, Ted Kooser, Elizabeth Barret-Browning, Sylvia Plath,
Matt Mason, Sarah McKinstry-Brown, Margaret Atwood,
Dorothy Parker, Alexander Pope
more, I can't even remember
so yeah, I know poets
but it still doesn't make me smart
Amanda Saveley's Other Poems
- A Clarification Pre-Departure
- A Closed Mind is Like A Nail in Your Cof...
- A Final Resolution
- A Little Monday Night Venting
- A Moment of Self-Realization
- A Moment of Weakness
- A Perennial Declaration of Detatchment
- A Question In The Male Genetics
- A strike of television-induced inspirati...
- All I Want
- An interesting way to die
- Angel, Manifested
- Another Dose of Emotional Morphine
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.