I sat on my porch
and just in front my eyes
two butter colored butterflies
made the most lovely and sexy dance
around a thick white flowery branch.
I worked a bit in my garden
and just next to my hands
I saw seven industrious ants.
They carried together a grain of rice
with loving dedication, isnt this nice?
I made a walk on the beach.
There was a couple holding hands.
I saw so many families and friends,
sharing lots of drinks and food,
sharing jokes and much of good.
I came inside; on was the TV.
A newspaper lying in front of me.
What did I see?
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Without denying the many problems in the world, it may be a good idea to now and then switch of the TV for a day.
Comments about this poem (Y/ News? by Aufie Zophy )
Did you read them?
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
- Grass, sallam yassin
- For Whatever its Worth, michael walkerjohn
- This Is Me, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)