I sat on my porch
and just in front my eyes
two butter colored butterflies
made the most lovely and sexy dance
around a thick white flowery branch.
I worked a bit in my garden
and just next to my hands
I saw seven industrious ants.
They carried together a grain of rice
with loving dedication, isnt this nice?
I made a walk on the beach.
There was a couple holding hands.
I saw so many families and friends,
sharing lots of drinks and food,
sharing jokes and much of good.
I came inside; on was the TV.
A newspaper lying in front of me.
What did I see?
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Without denying the many problems in the world, it may be a good idea to now and then switch of the TV for a day.
Comments about this poem (Y/ News? by Aufie Zophy )
Did you read them?
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)