I sat on my porch
and just in front my eyes
two butter colored butterflies
made the most lovely and sexy dance
around a thick white flowery branch.
I worked a bit in my garden
and just next to my hands
I saw seven industrious ants.
They carried together a grain of rice
with loving dedication, isnt this nice?
I made a walk on the beach.
There was a couple holding hands.
I saw so many families and friends,
sharing lots of drinks and food,
sharing jokes and much of good.
I came inside; on was the TV.
A newspaper lying in front of me.
What did I see?
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Without denying the many problems in the world, it may be a good idea to now and then switch of the TV for a day.
Comments about this poem (Y/ News? by Aufie Zophy )
Did you read them?
- Lust for blood, Abdul Malik Mandani
- blood, gordon nosworthy
- This ugly image هذه الصورة القبيحة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns