Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short]
I write 4 myself most of all....., and
I write 2 keep my brain on the ball.
I write 2 amuse myself and maybe U.
I write when I can't think of something better 2 do.
I write 2 keep myself from eating 2 much.
I write when the weather is nasty with rain and such.
I write 2 keep me from bothering certain people with talking.
I've written 2 some women; I did not consider it stalking.
I've written 2 wish another person a happy day.
I've written in case anyone wants 2 read what I've got 2 say.
I hope I can write for as long as I'm able to breathe.....,
to make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
in August 2013 (now) i got the following comment from a ph friend:
'Member: Elena Plotkin
Comment: I hate to criticize but why didn't you substitute the number for the words in the last couplet and make it:
I hope I can write 4 as long as I'm able 2 breathe.....,
2 make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.'
actually, elena and other readers, when i read elena's comment i had to look at the poem again because i DIDN'T REMEMBER it well, , , not very well at all! and i DON'T KNOW why i didn't do as she wondered. i guess i'll leave it be. :)
Comments about this poem (Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy