Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short]
I write 4 myself most of all....., and
I write 2 keep my brain on the ball.
I write 2 amuse myself and maybe U.
I write when I can't think of something better 2 do.
I write 2 keep myself from eating 2 much.
I write when the weather is nasty with rain and such.
I write 2 keep me from bothering certain people with talking.
I've written 2 some women; I did not consider it stalking.
I've written 2 wish another person a happy day.
I've written in case anyone wants 2 read what I've got 2 say.
I hope I can write for as long as I'm able to breathe.....,
to make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
in August 2013 (now) i got the following comment from a ph friend:
'Member: Elena Plotkin
Comment: I hate to criticize but why didn't you substitute the number for the words in the last couplet and make it:
I hope I can write 4 as long as I'm able 2 breathe.....,
2 make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.'
actually, elena and other readers, when i read elena's comment i had to look at the poem again because i DIDN'T REMEMBER it well, , , not very well at all! and i DON'T KNOW why i didn't do as she wondered. i guess i'll leave it be. :)
Comments about this poem (Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short] by Bri Edwards )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson