Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short]
I write 4 myself most of all....., and
I write 2 keep my brain on the ball.
I write 2 amuse myself and maybe U.
I write when I can't think of something better 2 do.
I write 2 keep myself from eating 2 much.
I write when the weather is nasty with rain and such.
I write 2 keep me from bothering certain people with talking.
I've written 2 some women; I did not consider it stalking.
I've written 2 wish another person a happy day.
I've written in case anyone wants 2 read what I've got 2 say.
I hope I can write for as long as I'm able to breathe.....,
to make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
in August 2013 (now) i got the following comment from a ph friend:
'Member: Elena Plotkin
Comment: I hate to criticize but why didn't you substitute the number for the words in the last couplet and make it:
I hope I can write 4 as long as I'm able 2 breathe.....,
2 make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.'
actually, elena and other readers, when i read elena's comment i had to look at the poem again because i DIDN'T REMEMBER it well, , , not very well at all! and i DON'T KNOW why i didn't do as she wondered. i guess i'll leave it be. :)
Comments about this poem (Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Fiction And Storytelling, Dexsta Ray
- ! Infamous Disgrace (PH Advertising Comm.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- The Real Of Me!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Smudged Black Kohal, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
- An Earthen Lamp, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Let me love you, gajanan mishra
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)