Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short]
I write 4 myself most of all....., and
I write 2 keep my brain on the ball.
I write 2 amuse myself and maybe U.
I write when I can't think of something better 2 do.
I write 2 keep myself from eating 2 much.
I write when the weather is nasty with rain and such.
I write 2 keep me from bothering certain people with talking.
I've written 2 some women; I did not consider it stalking.
I've written 2 wish another person a happy day.
I've written in case anyone wants 2 read what I've got 2 say.
I hope I can write for as long as I'm able to breathe.....,
to make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
in August 2013 (now) i got the following comment from a ph friend:
'Member: Elena Plotkin
Comment: I hate to criticize but why didn't you substitute the number for the words in the last couplet and make it:
I hope I can write 4 as long as I'm able 2 breathe.....,
2 make a joke, send some news, or a long story weave.'
actually, elena and other readers, when i read elena's comment i had to look at the poem again because i DIDN'T REMEMBER it well, , , not very well at all! and i DON'T KNOW why i didn't do as she wondered. i guess i'll leave it be. :)
Comments about this poem (Y I Write..... [Why I write (poetry especially) : Personal; Fairly short] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Arid Sands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Escapades, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living In Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Place Of My Own, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Retracing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Unimpressed Poet, Hebert Logerie
- Poetical Life Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mere Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Occasions Of Promise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)