You make my home a narrow jail,
No iron bars nor toilet pail
You seal me in with a fear foam
My prison is my private home;
And then I’m charged
“With gathering crowds, ”
Do I command the sky, the clouds,
“To assemble them to create disorder, ”
Is Genghis Khan massing on the border?
I do not move with shadowed stealth,
To crack you’re safe of private wealth
Mail me your list Xi Jinxing
Who gave you that ruby Emperor’s ring?
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Xu Zhiyong by David McLansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola