Writing In The Shadows
Who am I to know?
The music eerily seeps into my soul.
The day was just by diamonds and by
diamonds they shown.
Now in the darkness my light has flown.
The diamonds have grown cold without light
locked in a box of oceans to cross.
I find solace in the words of strangers
I never meet.
How complete, when empty flees
leaving behind a hole in your soul.
Not even the cold can fill
...only the touch...the touch...not near.
Sunshine and diamonds..
love and space divided by time.
In my time...in my time...
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writing In The Shadows by Midnights Voice )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi