Writing In The Shadows
Who am I to know?
The music eerily seeps into my soul.
The day was just by diamonds and by
diamonds they shown.
Now in the darkness my light has flown.
The diamonds have grown cold without light
locked in a box of oceans to cross.
I find solace in the words of strangers
I never meet.
How complete, when empty flees
leaving behind a hole in your soul.
Not even the cold can fill
...only the touch...the touch...not near.
Sunshine and diamonds..
love and space divided by time.
In my time...in my time...
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writing In The Shadows by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- Be ants, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sketching Patterns, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Assurance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)