Writers of Yore
I know you won't believe me but... oh way back when
There was a time before computers, paper, and pen.
There were still writers who wrote with sticks in sand,
mud on rock, perhaps even blood on their body and hand.
And the reason they tried to write their thoughts and ideas down
Wasn't because they wanted to have them shared or passed around.
But because they realized as the years were passing them by
that their memory capacity was dwindling down... that's why.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Comments about this poem (Writers of Yore by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Ponzi Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- There Are No Noncombatants, Lawrence Beck