would we be civil enough?
What a descent people we are!
Standing in the lines, queuing up for turns,
Our gestures are polite and our clothes are clean,
We have the associations to voice our concerns,
As the voice of one or a few is inaudible and ineffective,
What a designer people we are!
We are the products of economic democracy,
Having our basic needs fulfilled for the 'next three months',
We are tolerant, humble and the people of few words,
To say thank you when collect the pay cheques,
What a matured people we are!
Hiding behind the passwords,
Our ‘stories and accounts’ are very visible,
When we are forced to face the crisis of our siblings,
Across the oceans and the land,
Would we be humble enough not to raise the voice?
Would we go for the 'round table' conference,
To sort out the need of deficient brains,
Those are happy with what one possess,
In terms of materials and the gossips,
Or keep quiet and suffer in silence?
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (would we be civil enough? by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey