Palas Kumar Ray
Whom do I live here for?
Do I really live for me?
I am often very confused.
Somehow I am in a notion
My elastic life elongates
to keep there alive
a promising buyer
live here at any cost
til he has not bought enough.
Every life is very precious here
but not in the same sense.
my life and yours
are the lives of valuable consumers.
Your life and my life
are lives of great concern to them.
we live to earn
but to them
we live only to spend, I assume.
This life is like a funny trap here
When we believe
we are consuming
actually we are
being stupidly consumed.
Say me not
what we have gained more
than what we have lost here.
Here on earth we are
actually worth of our great ability
to hate our own selves
for our inability to buy more and more.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Worth by Palas Kumar Ray )
- You guess, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Beat o matic., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Empty Envelopes, Curtlan Popo
- The ring., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The boogeyman, Harold R Hunt Sr
- God Alone Knows Our Needs, Dr John Celes
- Static scene, hasmukh amathalal
- My fiance, ramesh rai
- Oh Now, Chris Broast
- A Personal Tribute: In Praise of a Perso.., Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Poetry, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)