Words In Futility
You begin reading these words,
one by one,
as they sound in your head,
it make you wonder
what this is all about.
Even though these texts bear no substance whatsoever,
and you are likely well aware
that it will lead you nowhere,
you keep on reading.
Every letter, every word, every sentence processed
is an implication of time lost and effort spent.
Every single phrase and every line passed
is another futile attempt
of creating some sort of meaningful endeavour
out of this pointless activity
you've just carried out over the last few moments.
Before you know it,
you are closing in
towards the end of this passage,
and upon realizing that you've gained
not a single thread of value,
not the slightest addition of knowledge,
not a message, nor lesson, nor moral of the story,
you carry on.
You carry on reading
You carry on interpreting
You carry on searching
Such is the nature of the human condition
Such is the nature of life
Vincent Kuo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words In Futility by Vincent Kuo )
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash