A word of hope or a word that hurts, can make or lose a friend.
Because what’s been said behind those words are not easy to defend.
It is written “A tongue is like a rudder that steers a mighty ship”
or “a bit within a horse’s mouth” that directs… or causes one to trip.
Likewise, the pen within my hand or worn keys beneath my fingers
will archive every careless thought and cause those words to linger.
I’ve remarked; 'It’s only words' but O How wrong I’ve been.
Because what’s been said or plainly written will clearly never end.
Psaltydog's Thoughts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words by Psaltydog's Thoughts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham