Margaret Alice Second
Wonderful Release (Rev.)
Escaped into a children's movie with music
from Giselle and Swan Lake though reading
the tragic-romantic story of Giselle savaged
my headache - why save the dishonest Duke
while faithful Hilarion suffers a terrible fate?
I don't want to read Swan Lake's story again;
just love the music, seeing dolls dancing their
parts takes away shock at close-ups of how
unnatural dancers' feet look in ballet shoes -
I prefer dressing-room views of doll dancers
Preparing for the big event - as it put me in
a hypnotic trance that cleared symptoms of
allergy from my head; escapism cherished
in watching more fantasy movies to dream
in the wonderful release which adventures
Like these offer allergy sufferers like me!
Margaret Alice Second's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wonderful Release (Rev.) by Margaret Alice Second )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass