Within the darkness of my eyes
My heart cringed before, for my tears abounded my soul.
My solitude was eternal, and despair was me day and night.
I was once a lonesome child so dishevelled and foul.
I was forlorn and afterwards depraved of sight.
I was condemned to the murky shade of destitute.
It was a world so glum and much so derelict.
But therefore I came to find godly rectitude.
And no longer was I to be in internal conflict.
Within the darkness of my eyes, hitherto I see the light.
And I can see now indeed what I once could not truly see.
I can at last bear witness to this glowing light so bright.
Within the darkness of my eyes, I can see an aureole before me.
She looks at me, and I can sense nigh her presence.
And I know now inside of me, that I am not alone.
Then she shelters me with her much godly essence.
And her wings I do feel, for I am no longer forlorn.
I am a glistening soul with a heart to mend.
And I can come to touch now her wondrous guise
I am a witness, for so near perhaps is the end.
All I can see, is within the darkness of my eyes.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Within the darkness of my eyes by Franc Rodriguez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- I wish I were a butterfly, Victoria Robbins
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MINE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MIN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- गोरबोआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The carriage third, the place is second…, Xena von Davydoff
- थाखोमा थाखोमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- From A Husband To A Wife, Toshie Nohara
- Fountain Of Youth, david kush
- Hope of boat, gajanan mishra
- Saturated Yet Split And Kept Divided, Lawrence S. Pertillar