Within the darkness of my eyes
My heart cringed before, for my tears abounded my soul.
My solitude was eternal, and despair was me day and night.
I was once a lonesome child so dishevelled and foul.
I was forlorn and afterwards depraved of sight.
I was condemned to the murky shade of destitute.
It was a world so glum and much so derelict.
But therefore I came to find godly rectitude.
And no longer was I to be in internal conflict.
Within the darkness of my eyes, hitherto I see the light.
And I can see now indeed what I once could not truly see.
I can at last bear witness to this glowing light so bright.
Within the darkness of my eyes, I can see an aureole before me.
She looks at me, and I can sense nigh her presence.
And I know now inside of me, that I am not alone.
Then she shelters me with her much godly essence.
And her wings I do feel, for I am no longer forlorn.
I am a glistening soul with a heart to mend.
And I can come to touch now her wondrous guise
I am a witness, for so near perhaps is the end.
All I can see, is within the darkness of my eyes.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Within the darkness of my eyes by Franc Rodriguez )
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns